Show us your kitty cats

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to Dusty. I had to leave work due to it. I'm like a wreck right now.
Ahh that sucks :( One of ours had cancer a couple of years back, it wasn't fair to see her suffer. Still upsets me thinking about it now, but I know ultimately it was the right thing to do.

Are you still having the vets come to the house? It definitely makes a difference if your vets will do it at home. Far calmer for the cat. Ours passed peacefully - she was already half asleep when the vet arrived.

Soldato
Ahh that sucks :( One of ours had cancer a couple of years back, it wasn't fair to see her suffer. Still upsets me thinking about it now, but I know ultimately it was the right thing to do.

Are you still having the vets come to the house? It definitely makes a difference if your vets will do it at home. Far calmer for the cat. Ours passed peacefully - she was already half asleep when the vet arrived.

I don't think it ever leaves you.

I had Bandit put to sleep over ten years ago, and now and again the memory of it still hits me hard.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think it ever leaves you.

I had Bandit put to sleep over ten years ago, and now and again the memory of it still hits me hard.

I think it is the worst decision you have to make. The pressure to get is right is terrible. But, people have to remember that it's humans that understand these things, it's humans that carry the burden, to a cat it's just another little nap.

Last edited:
We had pets at home call. They usually give them two injections, one is a sedative which puts them to sleep, the second one stops the heart. She was so frail that the first injection did it. She had it, my partner held her, she ran to the cover of the cat palace I built for them and died in there. She always hated being held and would escape if you tried. I'm glad she's at peace now.

Last edited:
Associate
We has pets at home call. They usually give them two injections, one is a sedative which puts them to sleep, the second one stops the heart. She was so frail that the first injection did it. She had it, my partner held her, she ran to the cover of the cat palace I built for them and died in there. She always hated being held and would escape if you tried. I'm glad she's at peace now.
RIP beautiful girl. Hope you and your partner are ok.

Soldato
We had pets at home call. They usually give them two injections, one is a sedative which puts them to sleep, the second one stops the heart. She was so frail that the first injection did it. She had it, my partner held her, she ran to the cover of the cat palace I built for them and died in there. She always hated being held and would escape if you tried. I'm glad she's at peace now.
Hardest thing I've ever done was make the decision to put my much loved George to sleep :( Broke my heart.

So sorry for your loss :(

Soldato
It's the hardest thing to do, but we do it out of absolute love and affection, when you know that not doing it only leads to more pain and suffering.

Last weekend's scare with Jaxx was a shock and hit home just how unprepared we are as a family, if the worst were to happen. Our autistic son struggles enough with his day-to-day mental health and Jaxx is his outlet, companion and comforter. Elliott's made it clear that if Jaxx goes "I'm going with him" - it sounds silly and dramatic, but he's just finished two years of counselling for suicide ideation (he's struggled with bullying in class, until I pulled him out and sued the school). Eff knows how we'll get him through it.

Soldato
My thoughts go out to all who are going through it at the moment. Hopefully, a picture of the Flufster can brighten the day ever so slightly.

7JNnC2g.png

Soldato
I thought our girl went with the first one, I think it's definitely a sign that if there is any right time then you've picked the best one for them.

I feel for you mate, it absolutely wrecked me and I still well up. Hope you both muster through, it's just an awful time that has to be gone through.

Soldato
I feel your pain and anguish.

A year today since we had to have our wee TJ Hooker put to sleep. Was showing signs of dementia and had gone blind over night. We soul was terrified and confused.

Still hurts to this day but know it was best for him. He was 15. Still tear up talking about him and his older brother, looking at photos with fond memories.

They never leave our hearts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom