Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Garden fun
QhYW5Zj.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
How do they get in??

I had one instance of a neighbouring cat get into my kitchen 2 weeks ago. Lola, who is naturally defensive, was having none of it. I tried to defuse the situation, but she scratched me badly. Once I'd shooed the other cat out, Lola did apologise with rubs, but continued to growl, almost as if she wanted to know how dare I allow another cat in.
Probably still had the scent of the other cat on you so reacting to that, people tend to anthropomorphize and project human motivations which simply don't exist they're not capable of thinking like that or indeed thinking at all they live in the moment only

Soldato
After wanting a cat for so very, very long, I will be collecting this little guy I've named Vega this time next week!

xS5XMD0l.jpg

Very anxious but very excited, still need to pick up a few bits and pieces to keep us both entertained and amused once he gets home but I think I've got most of the basics. I can already tell that buying things for him is soon going to become my new obsession though! I've already booked some time off work from next week so he can get used to me and to save me worrying what he's getting up to when I'm not there!

Just realised I haven't posted in here since! Hard to believe it's been six months but he's grown into quite a handsome little guy. I will be honest, the first couple of months were quite testing at times and getting him to behave felt like a futile task but he's settled down quite well now and seems quite happy. He likes waking me up early in the morning to tell me it's his breakfast time by lying on my chest/side/any part he can stand on, which was adorable at first but now he's larger is beginning to feel more like asphyxiation! He's an indoor cat as I live in a flat and he seems to have adapted to that really well, he's curious of what's going on outside the window but hasn't made any desperate attempts to escape nor does he dart for the front door whenever I open it.

My current struggle is getting him to stay off the kitchen counter, he's up there all the time (mostly trying to lick the tap...ugh) and although he knows he shouldn't be up there he still does it multiple times a day. I think I partly brought that on myself by letting him jump in the bath with the tap running ever-so-slightly when he was little; he loves playing with water now (he darts into the shower to splash about and play with the drips as soon as I get out of it). He has water available to drink and I've tried a water fountain too but he treats it like a paddling pool so it's now back in the box.

Paa4Bbg.jpeg

gdafbKE.jpeg

Q8xFEi0.jpeg

CTWApgp.jpeg

bkTWC31.jpeg

Soldato
Just realised I haven't posted in here since! Hard to believe it's been six months but he's grown into quite a handsome little guy. I will be honest, the first couple of months were quite testing at times and getting him to behave felt like a futile task but he's settled down quite well now and seems quite happy. He likes waking me up early in the morning to tell me it's his breakfast time by lying on my chest/side/any part he can stand on, which was adorable at first but now he's larger is beginning to feel more like asphyxiation! He's an indoor cat as I live in a flat and he seems to have adapted to that really well, he's curious of what's going on outside the window but hasn't made any desperate attempts to escape nor does he dart for the front door whenever I open it.

My current struggle is getting him to stay off the kitchen counter, he's up there all the time (mostly trying to lick the tap...ugh) and although he knows he shouldn't be up there he still does it multiple times a day. I think I partly brought that on myself by letting him jump in the bath with the tap running ever-so-slightly when he was little; he loves playing with water now (he darts into the shower to splash about and play with the drips as soon as I get out of it). He has water available to drink and I've tried a water fountain too but he treats it like a paddling pool so it's now back in the box.

Put some aluminium foil on the counter, that'll stop him in his tracks.

Back
Top Bottom