Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Ever been go karting outdoors on a lesser than perfectly smooth track and had aching sides for the rest of the day ?

They ride like that

Money is nearly always better spent on shocks and springs , who seriously adjusts there cars height more than once or twice anyway

Do you have much experience of coilovers? Sounds to me like a no.

Soldato
Got some pics yesterday of it at last it is on a set of JOM coils and they are more comfortable than my fiesta with a Gmax sport kit fitted to it I was expecting to be harsh granted that potholes are a killer if you cannot avoid them shakes you to bits but ride is not bad even with the rubber band tires on. :D

Also I haven't washed it yet. :o

SDC15676_zps8926eb7f.jpg

SDC15672_zpsb65067df.jpg

SDC15673_zpsb474683a.jpg

Soldato
Do you have much experience of coilovers? Sounds to me like a no.

Lots .

Point ? And bare in mind my whole comment is based on a question about £150 coilovers. Unless they are just to slam the car on its arse then you could never convince me that nastily put together shocks with hardly any dampening that rust within one winter are good value for money compared to stock shocks and uprated springs , both technically and in the real world .

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up a Fiesta Zetec S with my GF this morning, in the end we paid £9500 and the car has 9300 on the clock, really quite pleased with it. The ZS and ST together..

993065_10151531888863004_139138294_n.jpg

Will get some better pics in the next couple of days, gave it a quick wax after picking it up today to protect the paint before having to take it to work.

First impressions are very good, the ride and handling are excellent, as well as the seats, it'd be unfair to compare the performance to the ST but it doesn't disappoint, the 1.6 118ps engine is punchy enough to make overtakes and acceleration easy enough and it cruises very well at motorway speeds with it's refinement.

What impressed me the most however is the entertainment system, it comes with everything except satnav so has USB/AUX in, phone, bluetooth music streaming etc and it's all very simple to use unlike some systems.

Only gripe is the dealership experience, they were absolutely fantastic from beginning to end when they refused to include a simple set of £35 car mats, Ford really need to sort this out because after just giving them nearly £10k they can afford to throw in a set of mats ffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom