Show Us Your Motors!

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;24505621 said:
That Skoda - that photo nicely illustrates why black wheels are just horrible. You can't even make out what sort they are. It's just blackness. Great. Makes it look really cheap, it'd be much nicer with silver wheels. I guess it's because from a distance it hides the fact it even has alloys and therefore makes it look like a car with steel wheels which the owner has bounced off curbs until the hubcabs have fallen off.

Totally agree with that, except in very rare cases i absolutely hate black wheels. They almost never suit anything they are on and just look like steels.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I do like that XJL. Was in one a while back and while the leg room at the back was enough to fully stretch out (I'm 5ft 8) I did notice creaking trim where the door sill is as you exit and your body weight pushes against it from the seat padding.

I hope they sorted that kind of thing out on the newer cars.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24505621 said:
That XJ - epic.

That Skoda - that photo nicely illustrates why black wheels are just horrible. You can't even make out what sort they are. It's just blackness. Great. Makes it look really cheap, it'd be much nicer with silver wheels. I guess it's because from a distance it hides the fact it even has alloys and therefore makes it look like a car with steel wheels which the owner has bounced off curbs until the hubcabs have fallen off.

They aren't black ;)

I quite like them. In fact, I'm fairly sure you are the first person in the 2 years they are this colour, who disliked them.

Also, I can make out quite clearly they are OEM 17" vRS Spiders.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If Fox was the first, put me down as second, I've never like dark wheels on mor cars, the current black edition octavia VRS is ruined by its wheels. Have you got tinted head lights too, they look odd in that pic above.

Last edited:
Associate
If Fox was the first, put me down as second, I've never like dark wheels on mor cars, the current black edition octavia VRS is ruined by its wheels. Have you got tinted head lights too, they look odd in that pic above.

Previous owner had them tinted for a short while. Not tinted anymore.

I would generally agree about black/dark wheels but IMO they suit the square-ish look of the mk1 vRS.

Back
Top Bottom