Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Those wheels are only R-Line rather than R-Line Style though from the looks of things...

The Polo range is certainly rather confused feeling

S
S A/C
R-Line Style
Match Edition
R-Line Style A/C
R-Line
Bluemotion
SEL
BlueGT
GTI

Sometimes less is more :p

Soldato
Hey,

It is very confusing! I dont know why they brought out all these trim levels!

Mine is a R-Line with the 1.2 tsi petrol turbo engine. Quite nippy for a 1.2 and revs ridiculously freely.

The only option i've added is the touch screen multi media unit with 6 cd changer (not like i'll ever use it lol) and ipod/iphone connection with bluetooth hands free kit.

I've got in contact with big fish tuning (seems to be very popular with the vag group cars) to remap to 130bhp, which will be more than enough for such a small car.

Soldato
No, they are pretty hit and miss. For example the TA technix/Rokkor kits for MX5 are absolutely dire, might as well not have suspension at all.
JOMs on the e36 is good, probably 80% as good as the HSD ones I have for 20% of the cost. Kind of resenting the fancy top mount business I have too, 1 winter and it is pretty much all knackered.

Soldato
No, they are pretty hit and miss. For example the TA technix/Rokkor kits for MX5 are absolutely dire, might as well not have suspension at all.
JOMs on the e36 is good, probably 80% as good as the HSD ones I have for 20% of the cost. Kind of resenting the fancy top mount business I have too, 1 winter and it is pretty much all knackered.

Does this happen to all coilover kits? My last set of FK AK's after 1 winter and a crap load of salt turned the once shiny silver/chrome surfaces of the coilovers into black and almost rusty looking pieces of metal! They say its zinc coated to prevent corrosion but... i dont think it works lol.

Soldato
Yeah I think so, the HSD came with a posh gold coloured anti rust coating. The salt put pay to that, now they look like rust, one of the upper spring platforms has seized and the other sides pillow ball bearing has had it.

Soldato
Yeah I think so, the HSD came with a posh gold coloured anti rust coating. The salt put pay to that, now they look like rust, one of the upper spring platforms has seized and the other sides pillow ball bearing has had it.

So it seems no matter what coilovers you get and however expensive they are bound to seize at some point due to corrosion and what not... wtf! I don't fancy paying £500+ for something that can't be adjusted a few months down the line.

Soldato
Ever been go karting outdoors on a lesser than perfectly smooth track and had aching sides for the rest of the day ?

They ride like that

Money is nearly always better spent on shocks and springs , who seriously adjusts there cars height more than once or twice anyway

Soldato
Ever been go karting outdoors on a lesser than perfectly smooth track and had aching sides for the rest of the day ?

They ride like that

Money is nearly always better spent on shocks and springs , who seriously adjusts there cars height more than once or twice anyway

Very true, i guess coilovers are more for people who want serious lows for that euro look or do track days a lot and never use the car for anything else other than that.

Soldato
Bought a new 'toy' yesterday. Been wanting one since I was 14 (I'm now 26). I had to have this one as it was exactly what I was looking for at a very good price.

'93 Mini Cooper 1275 SPi.

Excuse phone photo, I'll take better ones when I get some free time.

1052859_10151437195140064_510371329_o.jpg

It's a change going from the Audi to this, but I don't regret it. So much more fun!

Back
Top Bottom