Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;25284610 said:
I don't really get it, why keep ordering the same car? Do they begin to feel tatty at 2 years old or something?

Could this be the route cars are going down? A bit like the mobile phone.

Apple release a cool new feature, and everyone just has to have the latest iPhone 5* whatever it is now.

Not that I can see anything new about the A1 apart from the registration plate. Maybe it's not cool to have a 3 year old car, just like it's not cool to have an iPhone 3GS?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;25284610 said:
I don't really get it, why keep ordering the same car? Do they begin to feel tatty at 2 years old or something?

In this case, it was because we wanted the extra doors mainly. That and she wants "a new Audi". That's pretty much it.

I suggested Toyota because i know someone that works at the dealership and we could get a lot more for the money.

I don't wear the trousers.

Soldato
For me, I wanted to upgrade to a better spec. The black edition gets me everything I want tbh, compared to my old A1, sline bumper/kit, xenon headlights with led rear lights, those rotor alloys which I love the look of, climate control, nicer steering wheel, privacy glass, half leather seats etc.

I was originally thinking the 185ps black edition but they are slim pickings, reliability is mixed and seem to cost more. New car is a 62 plate on 6k miles so not brand new. Owned by one of the audi techs through their car scheme.

Pick up tonight, can't wait. :)

Soldato
Owned by one of the audi techs through their car scheme.

Thats not to much of a good thing, a friends wife gets a new VAG car every 6 months, for the 6 months they have it they drive the socks off it.
Obviously not everyone has the same lack of sympathy for there company car but its not necessary a selling point :)

Soldato
Thats not to much of a good thing, a friends wife gets a new VAG car every 6 months, for the 6 months they have it they drive the socks off it.
Obviously not everyone has the same lack of sympathy for there company car but its not necessary a selling point :)

If it's so new, Audi serviced and has warranty, there's little worry surely?

Soldato
For me, I wanted to upgrade to a better spec. The black edition gets me everything I want tbh, compared to my old A1, sline bumper/kit, xenon headlights with led rear lights, those rotor alloys which I love the look of, climate control, nicer steering wheel, privacy glass, half leather seats etc.

I was originally thinking the 185ps black edition but they are slim pickings, reliability is mixed and seem to cost more. New car is a 62 plate on 6k miles so not brand new. Owned by one of the audi techs through their car scheme.

Why not just get the car you wanted in the first place?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I don't see what trim level has to do with engine choice though?

Surely only a significant alteration of daily mileage would be the reason to switch to diesel and not the addition of a few trivial parts

Soldato
Brace yourselves, more pictures coming at the weekend.

And what is with the 20 questions on this forum lol. Anyway, TORQUEZZZZ.

photo1.jpg

Soldato
What is it with those Audi wheels, my brother has them on his RS3 and I think they look like the blades on a lawnmower deck.

At least you didn't get the red tip ones.

Any interior shots compared to your old one, I bet its quite a lot nicer to be in now?

Soldato
It's the interior of them I really don't get - think they look decent from the outside but the interior is for me really poor. In person it's a bit better than it looks in photos and yes the materials are slightly better (read - darker) than its stablemates but I just don't think the same basic design that you can find in the ibiza (which is horrible inside, as are the Fabia/Polo) is acceptable given the price of these things.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's exactly like them - all it has are rounded vents where they have squarer/oval, otherwise it's pretty much identical style wise but uses darker material!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom