Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
Not quite brand new, but does not have a previous owner and came with 7miles.

Sounds brand new to me, if it was a pre-reg you'd not be the first owner. 7 miles is delivery miles. Even if it was a pre-reg or a demonstrator they are not £9k.

The fact they gave you £6k TRADE for a much older Polo GT tells you that Polo's hold value well. £9k all in for a brand new Polo GT isn't happening.

Even if it was 2 years old with 3 owners and 40k miles it wouldn't be £9k! The cheapest one I can see advertised is a YEAR old with 10k miles. It's £15,000. Yet you expect us to beleive you picked up a 7 mile old car for £9k?!

Best you go and buy 10 more, because you could instantly resell them for thousands more than that.

Last edited:
Associate
[TW]Fox;25381979 said:
Sounds brand new to me, if it was a pre-reg you'd not be the first owner. 7 miles is delivery miles. Even if it was a pre-reg or a demonstrator they are not £9k.

The fact they gave you £6k TRADE for a 7 year old Polo GT tells you that Polo's hold value well. £9k all in for a brand new Polo GT isn't happening.

Even if it was 2 years old with 3 owners and 40k miles it wouldn't be £9k! The cheapest one I can see advertised is a YEAR old with 10k miles. It's £15,000. Yet you expect us to beleive you picked up a 7 mile old car for £9k?!

Best you go and buy 10 more, because you could instantly resell them for thousands more than that.

Yep, well sort of, the price paid to the dealer is higher but the money on finances is in a scheme of very high APR, so a lot of money can be made back for the money that is on finance

Even the dealer was shocked at how it was being done, so your in the same boat as him :)

Man of Honour
Yep, well sort of, the price paid to the dealer is higher

Eh? So it's not £9k? :confused:

but the money on finances is in a scheme of very high APR, so a lot of money can be made back for the money that is on finance

Right but wait but what? :confused:

Even the dealer was shocked at how it was being done, so your in the same boat as him :)

The dealer was shocked that he was selling you a half price car?

I didn't think this made much sense before but...

Associate
So what's different about this new one? Any new toys to play with?

Old one was a very basic spec.

This came with upgraded interior, hands free, multi functional steering wheel, multi functional display, convenience pack, auto wipers, heated seats, think that's it.

Defiantly more power then the GTI and getting 50MPG+ on a run. Should go up past 500 miles.

All in all love it to pieces, more powerful then the GTI and far more efficient.

Caporegime
Financial irregularities aside, it seems quite an interesting car with it's Active Cylinder Management and hopefully starts the shift away from nasty small diesels.

Man of Honour
It's a really interesting engine IMHO and as you say is a far nicer idea than a small capacity diesel in a car like this.

Less powerful than the GTI though, not sure why he thinks it's more powerful. It's 140bhp.

Associate
[TW]Fox;25382098 said:
It's a really interesting engine IMHO and as you say is a far nicer idea than a small capacity diesel in a car like this.

Less powerful than the GTI though, not sure why he thinks it's more powerful. It's 140bhp.

The older GTI, not the current. (Polo 9N3 GTI)
I'm aware the older shows as 10 ps more but the feel and pull of this one feels far better.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Figures are correct

VW says 7.9 not 7.6 :p

FWIW I think the BlueGT seems like a great package of performance and economy and is a credible candidate for 'one of the best small cars around'.

I just don't think it costs just £9k all in, not even close. If it did, we'd all go and buy one tommorrow. And then put them on Autotrader for £15k.

Back
Top Bottom