Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Could be a picture taken by someone else and they blurred it out of courtesy.

The best pictures of mine are are taken by others who blurred them without asking.

Crazy looking Focus though and kind of funny to see such clean and shiny mudflaps :D

Soldato
Yup it is :) it went straight to Russ as soon as I bought it to get a good coat of wax on it. It is going back there in a few weeks to get a few small changes :)

Have you seen the RS he is wrapping at the moment? So tempted :p

I haven't, though I haven't been to MCC. I just recognised the car park picture from spending too much time on detailing world.

Man of Honour
25MPG in a Focus RS is damn good MPG. If it was mine it would be around 15-16MPG regardless of commute :p

Not sure what is confusing about it? :confused:

Edit: Ah,Ha! I see.... He was replying to my comment and not the Focus RS MPG picture, thought it was an odd comment with him having a 350z :p

Well my average is anything between 24-28mpg with a mixture of driving.

I'd have thought that the RS would be better than that despite it being a mental car, which is why I said he's driving it right if he's only getting 25 average! :D

I absolutely love how something so dinky has a huge V8 and 350BHP and humongous brakes. It makes me smile.

Agreed!

If affordable to do so next car needs to have a V8!

Associate
Could be a picture taken by someone else and they blurred it out of courtesy.

The best pictures of mine are are taken by others who blurred them without asking.

Crazy looking Focus though and kind of funny to see such clean and shiny mudflaps :D

To me first picture is taken by MCC. Second by the owner on collection.

Remember seeing this on the MCC Fb page a while back. Love RS in green.

Soldato
Well my average is anything between 24-28mpg with a mixture of driving.

I'd have thought that the RS would be better than that despite it being a mental car, which is why I said he's driving it right if he's only getting 25 average! :D

25MPG is awesome MPG from that engine.

I only got 28mpg from my old dinky 2l Fiesta ST lol.

Man of Honour
I do a lot of motorway and faster roads - around London it's absolutely awful! :D

At 70mph cruise mine will flirt with 30mpg - but never quite seal the deal.

On a pure hoon if I reset the calculator I get sub 20 :p

Soldato
Sub 20 from the 3.5? Really? The Mondeo engine really is just silly thirsty. Just been and checked and I am showing a average of 17.4mpg over the last 50miles and that is just round town driving.

Soldato
The Mondeo engine is really shocking when you compare it to so say BMW's *35i engines

Yes let's compare an older standard indirect injection engine to a modern direct injection turbocharged engine with far more in the way of modern technology and emissions and economy bells and whistles...

At least it's more economical than the Focus ST's engine with 500cc and 1 cylinder less ;)

Soldato
Yes let's compare an older standard indirect injection engine to a modern direct injection turbocharged engine with far more in the way of modern technology and emissions and economy bells and whistles...

At least it's more economical than the Focus ST's engine with 500cc and 1 cylinder less ;)

TBF, it's poor compared to a BMW motor from the 90s too.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sub 20 from the 3.5? Really? The Mondeo engine really is just silly thirsty. Just been and checked and I am showing a average of 17.4mpg over the last 50miles and that is just round town driving.

When hooning or driving emphatically the average dropped to below 20 - but that's after a reset of the figures. I've now left it on for the last 800 miles over the last few months including a rolling road, and it's averaging around 26. so bear in mind that includes london traffic, a little bit of hooning, and the rolling road and motorways, I think that's pretty good.

I didn't buy the 350z for it's fuel economy :p

If I want mpgz, I can do 60mph on the motorway and it hits over 30mpg easily - but I'm not bothered about that.

Soldato
TBF, it's poor compared to a BMW motor from the 90s too.

What sort of economy can be had from a ~3L BMW engine from the 90s?

I know Fox can get 38-39MPG or whatever from his on a motorway run but IIRC even he's admitted that its economy is crap around town, as are most cars.

Saying that an engine is shocking or a joke or whatever, because it achieves a couple of MPG less than an engine from a brand known for higher quality products is a bit OTT really.

Soldato
When hooning or driving emphatically the average dropped to below 20 - but that's after a reset of the figures. I've now left it on for the last 800 miles over the last few months including a rolling road, and it's averaging around 26. so bear in mind that includes london traffic, a little bit of hooning, and the rolling road and motorways, I think that's pretty good.

I didn't buy the 350z for it's fuel economy :p

If I want mpgz, I can do 60mph on the motorway and it hits over 30mpg easily - but I'm not bothered about that.

That's not bad at all, when I worked in worksop doing 50miles along country roads I was averaging 22MPG over a few k miles. VXR was 31MPG, Fiesta ST was 28.

Anyway this chit chat about 350z's ain't helping my pockets. :p

Janesy, who worries about MPG? Don't think anyone in this convo achieves any more than 25MPG :p

Last edited:
Soldato
2.8l but 30mpg is easy even if you hammer it around. Saying that, av speed on my obc is 35mph so it's clear I don't do a lot of town driving (any really).

Back
Top Bottom