Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Purchased this weekend..

2005 Golf Plus GT TDi, super happy with it :)

IMG_0793_zps8df2249c.jpg

Soldato
That is definitely the best colour. When I test drove when I was well impressed with it.... Until I put my foot down and heard the stupid exhaust sounds coming through the speakers! I hate it when cars have to do that just to make them sound good.

Caporegime
That is definitely the best colour. When I test drove when I was well impressed with it.... Until I put my foot down and heard the stupid exhaust sounds coming through the speakers! I hate it when cars have to do that just to make them sound good.

It does not come through the speakers, there's a tube that goes from the airbox in the engine bay to the cabin and I guess you could block that off if it bothered you that much. Look up 'Ford Sound Symposer', they do the same in the Focus ST too.

Last edited:
Soldato
It does not come through the speakers, there's a tube that goes from the airbox in the engine bay to the cabin and I guess you could block that off if it bothered you that much. Look up 'Ford Sound Symposer', they do the same in the Focus ST too.

Yes, called a sound symposer similar to what's fitted to a Porsche. It's a box not just a tube and my Mk3 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost also had one...

Soldato
And in the Megane he owns... :p

but I can put my window down and hear the exhaust which had a nice not when flooring it. The St sounded poor compared to the new 208 gti I also test drove. The noise coming through the sound sypmoser is more obvious in the fiesta as well. Still a cracking little car though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom