Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Here our vauxhall insignia that we picked up today with 20miles on the clock, Its not nearly as good as the volvo tho.. I didnt really like volvo cars, as they remind me of a oldmans car, but the xc70 was a real good car.

DSCF4995.jpg

DSCF4996.jpg

Man of Honour
Here our vauxhall insignia that we picked up today with 20miles on the clock, Its not nearly as good as the volvo tho.. I didnt really like volvo cars, as they remind me of a oldmans car, but the xc70 was a real good car.

Out of interest if the Volvo is so good and the Vauxhall isnt as good, why didnt you pick another Volvo? Although you said it's Motability it's still your car and you are still paying for it, so you really should pick something you like!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26007751 said:
Out of interest if the Volvo is so good and the Vauxhall isnt as good, why didnt you pick another Volvo? Although you said it's Motability it's still your car and you are still paying for it, so you really should pick something you like!

The cars you can get change every 3 months, also often so does the upfront cost for a specific car which not everyone can afford.

A quick check shows the Insignia but not the Volvo on the current list.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26007751 said:

The cars you can get change every 3 months, also often so does the upfront cost for a specific car which not everyone can afford.

A quick check shows the Insignia but not the Volvo on the current list.

You can only keep cars for 3 years and then you have to either buy it, or have it replaced so the mobility can sell it on before things go wrong and so the value dont drop too much. But saying that the volvo is worth about £10000 now, was about £35000 new, but the moment it was driven off the forecourt, half of that was gone straight away.

The mobility is different now then when we had the volvo, as you could have basically any car if you paid towards it, but now its limited to I think £22000. So there was no way we could have another volvo the same spec because that was I think £35000. Its a tad of a pain because of the caravan towing, but people say that the vauxhall will tow quite well. But we will see in the summer. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
I just got back from a ~5 hour blast around The Chilterns. I managed to average a real-world 32MPG (click to click) which I am really impressed with since I had it in sport mode and third gear a lot of the time.

I never noticed before, but in sport mode with the windows down you can hear the "psshh psshh" from the turbo, but you can't in comfort mode.

Being able to send the car a route directly from www.bmw-routes.com is AWESOME. I know that the professional media costs £2k, but once you've had it, I think it would be very difficult to downgrade.

"I hate the 1 series" comments in 3, 2...

BO8NAa2.jpg

KGw8rYE.png

Soldato
I live in Egham and have done a similar route to that quite a few times now and always had a great time. Doing another Surrey run with some others ridiculously early tomorrow morning, but we're starting a bit further south and going down to the coast.

Soldato
I live in Egham and have done a similar route to that quite a few times now and always had a great time. Doing another Surrey run with some others ridiculously early tomorrow morning, but we're starting a bit further south and going down to the coast.

Nice one! I want to do more runs like this, but I don't really know where to go or what's good to see. I very nearly went to Weymouth because I haven't been before, but I wanted a more entertaining drive. I should've stopped in Wendover though since it's a historic market town. Oh well, next time.

If you don't mind, please would you post a Google Maps link with your waypoints for tomorrow's trip? It might inspire me if I see what other people have got in mind.

Soldato
Nice one! I want to do more runs like this, but I don't really know where to go or what's good to see. I very nearly went to Weymouth because I haven't been before, but I wanted a more entertaining drive.

If you don't mind, please would you post a Google Maps link with your waypoints for tomorrow's trip? It might inspire me if I see what other people have got in mind.

I'd say come along tomorrow but unfortunately we're full up. I do this sort of thing fairly regularly though, so I can message you when there's another one if you want?

I'll trust you the link to the drive now :)

Soldato
Loving the RS4. Out of curiosity, what sort of mpg do you average day to day? I ran a BMW X5 4.8is a while ago and I averaged anything between 14-20 mpg just tootling around normally. Did see 26mpg on a long boring run to the north of Scotland once but those sort of figures were rare. Totally different vehicles I'm sure you'll agree but it was my only recent taste of low mpg figures in a car I've owned. Just curious what the RS4 manages. :)

Back
Top Bottom