Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Bit foggy today!

fog3.jpg

fog4.jpg

Soldato
Maybe because it's the Drive model, it's woefully underpowered?

Its 2.0 diesel, 6speed transmission, 163bhp, but its not the 4wd model. I would would have thought it would pull or push the caravan no probs. I think the "Drive" means 2wd, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Its 2.0 diesel, 6speed transmission, 163bhp, but its not the 4wd model. I would would have thought it would pull or push the caravan no probs. I think the "Drive" means 2wd, but I could be wrong.
Drive is the economical models. Had no idea they made a 2wd XC70 - what's the point? :confused:

Associate
Yeah that's one way to solve the prob, but even with no caravan, it stalls easier then most cars iId say, but being only ever a passenger as I cant drive, I cant really say how easy..

But backing the caravan up our drive it does not like it one bit as smoke pours out and the smell,, well you can still smell the thing after a few days, but the moment you let your foot off the clutch it stalls.

Backing it up your drive implies you're trying to reverse a caravan uphill? If so thats probably why you're melting the clutch if you reverse a caravan uphill it can apply the caravan brakes especially on older caravans!

Soldato
Backing it up your drive implies you're trying to reverse a caravan uphill? If so thats probably why you're melting the clutch if you reverse a caravan uphill it can apply the caravan brakes especially on older caravans!

The caravan releases the brakes when it goes backwards. We owned a vectra 2.0 DTI before the volvo and that could reverse the caravan easy. Anyhow it don't really matter now as it will be gone tomorrow, but any good 2 litre diesel car shouldn't have any probs with towing tho should it? It might be a design fault I guess with the clutches on the xc70's

Back
Top Bottom