Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;26119507 said:
Please fix the front lights, it's so close to being perfect :(

It doesn't make it look retro, it just makes it look like you've smacked the front end in and bodged the repair with some scrapyard special lights off a 99 318Ci.

Haha Fox, I was expecting that :p

I did pop the originals back in but it didn't quite look right, I've been toying with applying a subtle tint film over the top to match up with the rest of the blackened front end.

Permabanned
I really want an RS4 every time I see one :(

Gave mine a clean so thought I'd post a pic without bird **** all over it :D

FjoYnQW.jpg
Please keep images to below 1280px wide or post in
tags like I've done for you above - Rilot

Soldato
Gave it a clean before a wedding, managed to get a couple of quick shots of it. The lower grill, wings, bonnet, and front bumper is due a respray in the summer

Like the alloys, the colour is stunning but dont like the spoiler and the sprayed black grill though. Think u made a nice car look worse tbh. Thats just my opinion if u like it then thats all that matters.

Soldato
Thanks gents, appreciate the feedback :)

The spoiler is fitted from the factory, it's one of those Marmite affairs unfortunately and divides opinion pretty much wherever you go.
The original split rim wheels were horrendous but I stuck with them for a year but couldn't get on with them, they also started corroding around the split which was the final nail in the coffin. I do really want some ACS Type 3's but finding a genuine set is both difficult, and expensive.

Soldato
A little :D I think a manual box in the car would have been perfect, but no doubt I'd have got annoyed with that after sitting in my usual morning commute traffic. I've got the handling and suspension near enough spot on to what I like so when I do get a chance to stomp on the loud pedal, it becomes an incredibly fun car to drive.

Still looking at E39 530i's, but taking my time to find the perfect one before committing.

Associate
Nice, I like it. I've been waiting for a decent UZZ32 (V8, active suspension) for ages, and two just came up, so I've gone for one of them. Already a UZZ31 owner, albeit out of action at the moment.

I disagree on de-tangoing the lights though, I think they're part and parcel of the soarer look. Why "take ten years" off a car that looked great then, and still looks great now? :cool:

Im glad there are a few others on here that love these cars.

In the back of my mind i want to buy a nice 1jz manual at some point. I will be selling my supra after japfest so i will probably keep an eye out for one then. Finding one is going to be difficult though.

I had a UZZ31 a few years ago which was probably one of the best cars i have owned. I sold it for peanuts as i had an 8 week wait for a windscreen to pass its MOT and i had nowhere to store it

Soldato
The clubsport spoiler looks spot on to me, but I can appreciate why most people dislike it.

I would've kept the clubsport alloys on it, however.

Soldato
I kept them as long as I could, they'd been refurbed in the past due to issues at the split, they were perfect when I got them, but even with my weekly/biweekly wash regime, they started corroding and picking up weird marks around the bolts and split.

Decided it would be better to get rid them.

Associate
Ive not posted a pic here yet plus i haven't seen any poor night time pics posted in a while....
13692277123_09192c96ef_b.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
picked this up around 3 weeks ago.
gave it a clay bar today.

2.0i petrol vtr +
service history
recent cambelt
nearly new tyres all round
new brakes
new exhaust
has air con, cruise control, parking sensors, cd multi changer lol.

can't fault it really for £1000 bucks.

34343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom