Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;26359832 said:
hi loltim, do you have Honda S2000, is performance good? How do you find the storage space in the centre console?

Also how is the life style surrounding driving these? Same question for Fox in he new 5 series dag.

Seeing as it's had a coat of polish...

smallad2.jpg

A few photos of my set of wheels after giving it a wash today, started out life a new Focus ST-3 but has lots of tweeks and upgrades since then ;)

And here's where it seems to spend most of it's time

[TW]Fox;26365820 said:
Maybe he didn't want to spend 23 grand on a 5 year old Focus? :p

The ST is far better value.

The RS is holding its value astonishingly well really.

they have been around ~23k for a good 3+ years now.

I'm not a massive fan of the black surrounding the front grill and lights really.

any performance upgrades or just RS parts?

The wheels are the Oz Super Tourismo's, subtly different to the RS wheels and don't have the extra cost of needing spacers too.

I did consider getting an RS before I bought this ST but at the time purchase price was £10K more for the RS and that was just for a cancelled order and not the spec I'd have wanted. Course they are holding their money a lot more now but I'd have had to stretch much further financially just to get a standard RS, and I already had an ST so lot of the performance parts transferred straight over. Only driven an RS gently but really prefer the way the ST makes power/torque low down rather than having to get the bigger RS turbo spinning.

Didn't intend it looking like an RS just went my own way with what I wanted to change and that's how it came out.

Upgrades-wise, Collins stage 2 map, RS clutch & flywheel, Quaiffe diff, Eibach springs, Bilstein B8 dampers, Pro-alloy IC, modified K&N induction kit, RS oil cooler, full mongoose exhaust with 100 cell cat, Profile Automotive rear roll-bar, Ferodo DS2500 pads and probably more I can't remember.....

I really like that Focus! :cool:

I've been on track at the same time as a few that were running high BHP in the high 300s, LSD etc etc and I've been impressed with them. A good bit quicker than a big 1400KG car should be :).

I had a few laps round Oulton Park as a passenger in a track spec ST and it didn't hang about.

Did know a few lads who've gone quite serious with it - bigger brakes, coilovers, tuned RS engines, rollcage etc and so on but that's a step too far for me as it's my only drive and don't want to risk it on the track finding out the hard way my current brakes and tyres aren't really up to it.

Back
Top Bottom