Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;26372662 said:
Sounds like they are still hating on you :p

He lives in Basra basically.

Annoyingly, now I'm in Bristol my insurance is a joke, good few hundred more than my parent's place on the Golf and not much less than the e30 was (yet when I changed from the e30 to the Golf mid term my premium reduced). :(

I have a Focus Ink at the moment which is the same as that albeit another special edition. The 1.8 is the best allrounder in the older focus range in my opinion. I still don't think there is a better car when you take in to consideration value, comfort, driving experience, running costs etc. I have had about 5/6 focus' now and they really are hard to beat.

I disagree the 1.4 and 1.8 engines are pointless.

The 1.6 duratec engine is absolutely brilliant, hence why it has been used for the past 12 years and is only now being superseded by the 1.0 ecoboost.

The 2.0 offers slightly more power than the 1.8 yet doesn't suffer greatly in MPGs for it. It's underpowered, but such a reliable unit.

I disagree the 1.4 and 1.8 engines are pointless.

The 1.6 duratec engine is absolutely brilliant, hence why it has been used for the past 12 years and is only now being superseded by the 1.0 ecoboost.

The 2.0 offers slightly more power than the 1.8 yet doesn't suffer greatly in MPGs for it. It's underpowered, but such a reliable unit.

The 1.6 is great until about 60mph then runs out of torque, it's pretty painful from there on in.

I agree with you that the 2.0 is overly thirsty but doesn't offer many performance gains.

I think the 1.8 sits nicely in the middle, that would be my choice.

I had a couple of ST170's before my current ST and even in those the 2.0 engine felt a bit mild.

Brilliant all-round package just lacking that little bit extra oomph, they gave it a 6-speed box with ridiculously tall top gear to help the fuel figures. That just meant you had to fish around more for lower gears when you wanted to pick up some more speed :rolleyes:

186bhp isn't TOO shabby from a 1.6 petrol though, it's a fair amount of money for a car of its stature but for your average non-car enthusiast, it'll be more than fast enough. Plus I have a sneaking suspicion they're probably tuned low for better reliability and mapped for low octane fuel - a quick Google search says they'll go up to 216bhp.

They look great, and certainly do stand out in a world filled with Corsa VXR's, Fiesta ST's, and the local chav's favorite - the Audi S3.

20h4rxe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom