Show Us Your Motors!

The battery sits in the spare wheel well on the RS6, you'd have to make an enclosure on the boot (like the US got) or remove some electronics from the side of the boot (TV Tuner/Map ECU's etc).

I was hoping to post a pic of my new car a few weeks ago but it's been delayed, so heres a stock image instead :)

409714088.jpg

Here's what I'm currently running around in.

409714120.jpg

Cleaned the MX5 today...so more pics :)

HQ4RxkK.jpg

5sf0sCo.jpg

Really happy with the car, looks wise all I'd do to it now is fit some kind of front lip spoiler but most aftermarket ones are made of fibreglass (thus likely to fall to bits if it scrapes...which it will given ride height), JDM import parts (so silly money), or hideous...or sometimes all of these things.

Last edited:
Took the CTR down to Spain for a couple of weeks

Fantastic looking thing, especially on those wheels BUT I wouldn't fancy taking one to Spain and back! Maybe I'm getting old but I went to London in a friend's CTR and thought the ride was way too harsh for a long journey. I have a standard Civic and find the suspension quite stiff, but I guess it depends what you're used to.

Quick photo of my rental car i had in Spain this past week. Mercedes E350 :)

5TiuyLCl.jpg.png

Very flash for a week in spain, only had it because it was an upgrade, originally had paid for a C180 but had this instead.

Quick photo of my rental car i had in Spain this past week. Mercedes E350 :)

LCl.jpg

Very flash for a week in spain, only had it because it was an upgrade, originally had paid for a C180 but had this instead.

Wow nice, which company was that with out of interest?

Wow nice, which company was that with out of interest?

It was with Hertz :) I had already paid for my rental car which cost me £151 for 10 days, but it was unavailable so i had this instead, had to pay an extra £109 on top and also a £250 excess charge, but it was so worth it :)

It was with Hertz :) I had already paid for my rental car which cost me £151 for 10 days, but it was unavailable so i had this instead, had to pay an extra £109 on top and also a £250 excess charge, but it was so worth it :)

They got you nice and proper with that little scam - if your booked class isn't available the upgrade should be free of charge, you don't pay extra!

That said £151 for a C180 for 10 days is shockingly chreap as an original rate?! Which location?

[TW]Fox;26538227 said:
They got you nice and proper with that little scam - if your booked class isn't available the upgrade should be free of charge, you don't pay extra!

That said £151 for a C180 for 10 days is shockingly chreap as an original rate?! Which location?

Well i didn't know that :p I could have had a different car of the same value but i wanted this so badly!

The location was Alicante, i didn't even know they stocked these cars, it wasn't listed on the website when i made the booking!

I think you've massively misread something somewhere - £150 for 10 days rental of ANYTHING is bonkers cheap let alone the C180 you originally booked. Checking now it comes back at a minimum of £312 for a Kia Picanto. Even if you pick the quietest period in the year with the lowest rates, say mid January, it's still almost 200 quid for a Picanto. Cheapest Mercedes is £971.

You need to read your rental agreement very very very carefully because something feels very wrong here :p

So it looks like the £250 i paid (was actually like 310 euros roughly) was an extra charge on top of the 109 i paid to upgrade.

So i have actually paid over 550 euros to rent that for 10 days, i now feel slightly sick..

Back
Top Bottom