Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;26506110 said:
That is the nicest looking S2000 I have ever seen. Do not modify it - it's perfect.

:) thanks.

My plans are to tidy things up primarily. there are some areas of the paint that could do with some attention, small things like stone chips and a few scratches around the rear quarter. nothing major, but I know that they are there.

The wheels are also in a pretty sorry state, I realised soon after buying the car that three of the wheels had been very poorly refurbished. from the factory, they have a diamond cut face with the rest of the wheel being a silver powdercoat, very subtle but noticeably very different on the wheel that wasn't refurbished. The rest of the wheels sadly have a very bad finish to them. I am planning on having them all refurbished to as close to OEM as I can but the nice subtle diamond cut finish will probably be lost due to issues with corrosion on that sort of finish.

I plan on keeping it fairly stock for around a year or so before doing anything. I am spending my money currently just trying to improve the appearance by correcting problems caused by wear and tear.

This is rjkoneill we're talking about. It will be modified:p

Agreed though. Looks perfect.

it will be modified at some point. perhaps not in a very obvious way. externally I want to keep it as stock looking as possible.

Needs a big gay wing.

;) :p

as much as my penchant for absolutely enormous GT wings may precede me, I think that my decision to go for the Honda TypeS [CR] Spoiler is the wisest.

It is a Honda part rather than aftermarket so wont look out of place or like an afterthought.

kind of like people adding CSL parts to normal M3s.

I had planned on importing it quite soon but a few recent events in my life have put it on hold. I'm happy with the car as it is currently, its immense fun. so there's no rush :)

Last edited:
It was more a tongue-in-cheek comment :p

The CR spoiler looks pretty awesome on them, they don't sit ludicrously high and just really add to the whole look in my opinion!

Shame to hear about the wheels though, I'm sure it'll be looking tip-top in short order! :)

Yes its genuine. It was around £400.

Its a but dear but:
- came in the right colour
- finish is perfect
- comes with a sealing strip to stop it scratching the bumper that replicas don't have.
- it fits perfectly with zero issues. No heating up or manipulating it to try and fit.
- it comes with all the correct hardware to fit it also.

To me it was worth the money.

I wouldn't want to spent nearly ten grand on a car and then go smashing fake tat on it.

Yes its genuine. It was around £400.

Its a but dear but:
- came in the right colour
- finish is perfect
- comes with a sealing strip to stop it scratching the bumper that replicas don't have.
- it fits perfectly with zero issues. No heating up or manipulating it to try and fit.
- it comes with all the correct hardware to fit it also.

To me it was worth the money.

I wouldn't want to spent nearly ten grand on a car and then go smashing fake tat on it.

Yeah that's cool. Its my thought as well, I would prefer not to have than have rubbish on it.

The reason I asked is I couldn't see the weather strip in the pic (which usually highlights the OEM job) but it still looked a really good fit.

Looks like I'll save up the £s as I think it looks better than any aftermarket one anyhow.

The wheels are MG ZR wheels and they're on there because they have alright quality tyres with 6.5mm tread. Fully Asian spec, no? Did you have a lot of MG ZR's growing up in Leicester, anticonscience? ;)

I just meant those style of wheels, I'm sure OZ did a set very similar. I'm not knocking your £600 purchase, it sure is a bargain. :D

Took the CTR down to Spain for a couple of weeks, didn't want to risk the XJR as I have a minor coolant leak I am yet to discover.

Got quite a few looks from the locals, perhaps they don't see many Type-R editions down there...

Well impressed with the car totalled over 2200 miles never missed a beat, Honda satnav never put a foot wrong, felt bomb proof even in the heat. Toll roads saw over 400 miles to the tank even at their 130KPH speed limits. Only time she struggled was with the Pyrenees Mountains fully loaded with luggage and fuel, lack of torque in 5th/6th gears saw diesel Seat's taking me. All in all a comfy ride for a hatch (yes even on Rage wheels).

:(

puncture03.jpg

puncture01.jpg

puncture02.jpg

On some cars the body kit means that you can even order a spare as an option as the jack won't fit under the sills. However most cars don't have them as standard to safe weight and improve co2. Also saves the manufacturer money. Nothing to do with power to weight!

The over-riding reason for deleting spare wheels is cost - it's a lot cheaper fitting a compressor kit than putting in there a spare wheel plus jack, wheel brace and wheel holding jobbie and related assembly time. Any weight and CO2 savings are just a convenient excuse for the cost save.

Making the spare wheel a no-cost option means that unless you specifically request it, lots of cars end up delivered with just the goo kit - drawback with these apart from being useless if you damage a tyre badly, is that a lot of the kits then render the tyre impossible to repair :mad: As my car came from dealer stock it didn't have the spare wheel fitted and Ford save bit extra money by not fitting the bracket onto the rear floor either.

So not ideal but I've got a space saver loose in the boot, and a full-sized spare at home if needed.

Back
Top Bottom