Show Us Your Motors!

And maybe he couldn't care less as he's bought the car he wanted and will keep it until he's gets to the end of the finance agreement?

He's bought it with a redundancy payout, it's not like he's getting a continuous monthly income. He should have looked into some property and smoked about in something else for a bit.

Lol just lol at you bunch of VW snobs lol.

Won't be coming back here for any advice.

Here's a thought for you Muffin and fox, get a life ffs. It's my money and I choose how to spend it...u don't like it the pair of you can **** the hell off :p.

As for the car?? I have it and love it to bits. Extremely pleased I got hold of one with the extra options and only spent £26k for a 31k car.

But seriously some of you need to step away from the keyboard and get outside for a bit. Might do you some good.

:D

Which is a shame because had you not done so you'd have taken the first deal offered about a month ago, and I think everyone would agree you ended up doing better than that.

Personally I think it's a shame you didn't get the Golf R you said you really wanted, that's all. Your budget would have got you one!

Nice car Yas. Getting a GTD in about a month as my replacement company car. Test drove that, the 120D and the A220 diesel and ended up choosing the Golf. Preferred the Golf out of the three and it was a bit cheaper on BIK.

I don't think I'd be getting one if it wasn't a company car though.

[TW]Fox;26577533 said:
Which is a shame because had you not done so you'd have taken the first deal offered about a month ago, and I think everyone would agree you ended up doing better than that.

Personally I think it's a shame you didn't get the Golf R you said you really wanted, that's all. Your budget would have got you one!

It is a shame that sadly I couldn't get a golf r due to the fact that insurance was sky high for me. I will get one when I feel the time is right plus at the moment fox, the running costs of a golf r are just too high for me and the wife wasn't agreeing to it. Maybe in a year or so when I'm back on my feet with a decent job, I'll look at getting one.

As for me coming here with my original question...I knew myself it wasn't a great deal as I said I had thought long and hard about it but just wanted some outside advice. I am glad I didn't go for the finance deal on a worse car than what I have at the moment.

Nice car Yas. Getting a GTD in about a month as my replacement company car. Test drove that, the 120D and the A220 diesel and ended up choosing the Golf. Preferred the Golf out of the three and it was a bit cheaper on BIK.

I don't think I'd be getting one if it wasn't a company car though.

Thanks, just got home after giving it a good drive for most of the day. Put about 90 miles on it and I didn't stop smiling...car is an ease to drive.

I'm sure u will love it as much as I love mine. Will try and take more pics tomorrow weather permitting as all afternoon it's been pouring down here in London.

That's it, as long as he is happy.

Me personally, if I spent £26k cash on a car it would have to be something special (to me) that would keep its value or even appreciate.

R34 GTR V-Spec II :)

Hnnnnnng!

Lol just lol at you bunch of VW snobs lol.

Here's a thought for you Muffin and fox, get a life ffs. It's my money and I choose how to spend it...u don't like it the pair of you can **** the hell off :p.

As for the car?? I have it and love it to bits. Extremely pleased I got hold of one with the extra options and only spent £26k for a 31k car.

But seriously some of you need to step away from the keyboard and get outside for a bit. Might do you some good.

:D

There are a lot of cretins on here who **** and moan about buying new, just ignore them and enjoy your car.

Could no doubt lease it over three or so years for less.

Meh... As long as he is happy... Thats all that matters.

I could have but in the end leasing makes zero sense to me, i dont own the car and at the end of the term id have to pay a big balloon payment or re-finance that balloon payment.

Of course im happy, havent had one single buyers regret...sure i see what people are saying about spending £26k on a Golf of all cars but for me its worth every penny. Maybe to appease you lot next time, ill just go spend £26k on a Skoda:p..

There are a lot of cretins on here who **** and moan about buying new, just ignore them and enjoy your car.

LOL oh ive been on here long enough and know what this place is all about.

Just didnt realise how much envy/jealousy there is against someone that they probably wont ever meet:p.

Anyhow moving on from all this, i shall endeavour to get pics up now that its at home. Weather isnt too great so just waiting for it to brighten up a bit then i can go and take some shots of the car.

Well that is the whole point of a lease... You loan for a period of time then purchase or get rid. Lets say 3 years from now you decide you don't want the car anymore. You then decode to sell.... How would that be any different from someone handing a car back after a lease period has expired?

I can assure you my view has nothing to do with jealously and I have no idea why you have assumed that people's views are motivated by that.

It's a discussion forum after all and it just seems odd to be talking insurance costs in the context of a purchase large enough to make them irrelevant. My view is entirely based on the concept you could have had a similar car for less or the better model you wanted, that's all. I have been polite throughout and was happy to spend time offering what I hope was useful opinions in your other thread.

Not sure that makes me jealous :p

Well that is the whole point of a lease... You loan for a period of time then purchase or get rid. Lets say 3 years from now you decide you don't want the car anymore. You then decode to sell.... How would that be any different from someone handing a car back after a lease period has expired?

Generally a lease will cost more as you are paying the depreciation and the profit for the lease firm.

Back
Top Bottom