Show Us Your Motors!

10267766_10153063512660616_5812249674676562402_n_zpsd270db42.jpg

This was mine until 3 weeks ago.

love :)

[TW]Fox;26602770 said:
If you think that screen is iPad Like don't look inside a new Mercedes :p

LOL Merc do indeed take the biscuit. The screen in the A-class is comical and literally looks like someone went "oh crap we forgot the screen, quick glue an iPad to the dash".

Each to their own I guess - I know many hate the popup screens in the current Audis but personally I love them and the fact you can hide it away when you don't want it there.

LOL Merc do indeed take the biscuit. The screen in the A-class is comical and literally looks like someone went "oh crap we forgot the screen, quick glue an iPad to the dash".

Each to their own I guess - I know many hate the popup screens in the current Audis but personally I love them and the fact you can hide it away when you don't want it there.

I'm a broken record but for me the best screen is that in my car:

interior_zps2768e4ac.jpg

Having now lived with the screen in my M235i for 4 weeks I can categorically say I really couldn't give a £$%^ it works well, its in a good position and it doesn't look out of place. Like most of these design decisions, live with them for more than the 2 seconds of a test drive/sit in at a dealer and they disappear into the insignificance they are...

[TW]Fox;26606134 said:
I'm a broken record but for me the best screen is that in my car:

interior_zps2768e4ac.jpg

Yeah not bad at all - at least it's high up so you don't have to look too far away from the road to see/read it.

But 3D map mode - seriously?! :p

What's wrong with 3d map mode?

It's a gimmick which looks good in publicity material but just makes the map harder to read. Standard top-down 2D mode is far easier to read at a glance and judge distances on.

Same goes for the online systems which can use Google Maps imagery on the nav (or phones which do the same) - utterly pointless and just makes it harder to read. Nav displays should look clear and uncluttered just like a printed road atlas always has done - they were designed that way for a reason :)

Oh, and real men always have them set to "North Up" :p

Each to their own I guess.. I agree that the 3d buidings and stuff add clutter and little navigational value (unless you were in heavy fog perhaps and couldn't see the landmarks - more handy than you think in places without proper addressing),. But I have been using nav in 3d mode for over 10 years and, maybe its just habit, but it feels easier to judge as long as its on a low scale.
Most of time my nav is on its not directing me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom