Show Us Your Motors!

insurance (which is less than £190 a year) and the warranty.

To be honest unless she is 17 insurance is never going to be much more than £190 whatever she drives, surely. I'm quite a lot younger than you and I only pay slightly more than that for my F10 530d. Once you get above about 26ish, pretty much everything is cheap to insure and insurance ceases to play any real part in car selection?

[TW]Fox;26588867 said:
To be honest unless she is 17 insurance is never going to be much more than £190 whatever she drives, surely. I'm quite a lot younger than you and I only pay slightly more than that for my F10 530d. Once you get above about 26ish, pretty much everything is cheap to insure and insurance ceases to play any real part in car selection?

After the 3 scrapes she's had in 5 years though it plays a big part.

edit: and giving her credit she bought a car with cash that she can run within her means.

My V40 R-Design, couldn't be happier with it so far (and my wife 307 1.4HDI sneaking in the background):

BlueBeastie001_zpsde83b49d.jpg~original

BlueBeastie002_zpsd3bc0a78.jpg~original

BlueBeastie005_zpse12758d5.jpg~original

BlueBeastie006_zpsf96406db.jpg~original

BlueBeastie007_zpscef2d3b6.jpg~original

BlueBeastie008_zps4094af89.jpg~original

BlueBeastie009_zps079c7380.jpg~original

BlueBeastie010_zps56fe77ab.jpg~original

BlueBeastie011_zps7d2417ea.jpg~original

BlueBeastie012_zps47641d99.jpg~original

Well I'm 5'8" and get in and out without any problems. The seats are some of the most confortable seats I've sat on in any car.

Mine is the new D4 and it certainly shifts, 135+mph is not out of the question. Even the D2 will do 110+ no problem. The T5 petrol is great fun and they now offer a Polestar remap/upgrade as well. I'm just hoping they bring the Polestar option to the diesels :cool:

It had to be the Rebel Blue. I looked at all the other colours and I just couldn't go with anything else. Although I have to say that on any other Volvo model, I don't like the Rebel Blue but for some reason it just looks good on the V40.

Last edited:
I've traded in my man parts for a vagina. That said, getting 75mpg (we do huge miles), it's got everything bar leather seats (sat nav, Bluetooth, air con, cruise control etc), it's hellishly slow however and the 1.5dci is not the most refined engine but it was dirt cheap, came with a decent manufacturer backed warranty and European breakdown cover (which was costing me a fiver a month elsewhere), so, get with the insults!

wtFCB9m.jpg

How does it feel when n-tec kicks in, yo?

Edit: whilst I wouldn't get one myself that Volvo looks nice.

Also with lease if you get the right leasing company you can get everything included, tyres, servicing, tax! everything!

Yes but it's not free, you are paying for all that through a higher lease cost. Maintenance on a lease costs money, they don't give away free tyres for the lolz.

Back
Top Bottom