And he drove so goddamned fast
He never did win no checkered flag
But he never did come in last
Jerry was a race car driver
He'd say "El Sob number one"
With a bocephus sticker
On his 442 he'd light 'em up
Just for fun

my new car, was going to get a Saxo Vtr for super cheap but got this instead :)
carfrum.jpg

carfrum2.jpg

its had a few tweaks.. it has a 5 speed conversion and is running a tuned and uprated 1600 xflow but to look under the bonnet she looks original
rear suspension has had sway bars added just to keep the rear end in check and there's a limited slip diff there

It took me a while to find an unabused set of OE 18" Style 37s in staggered fitment. Certainly give my 530i an added sense of presence IMO and I'm particularly liking the amount of rear dish! I'm very much happy with them.

Yes the tyres are budgets but they have plenty of tread, so assuming I survive until then, I won't be replacing them until nearer winter :p

Following that the next expense will be refreshing the suspension.

Decided to have a quick midday hoon in the MR2 - I was expecting to get held up quite a lot being a Saturday, but the roads were almost completely empty apart from the occasional biker group, who were all considerably more committed than me. :p

15224489925_014cf649c8_b.jpg

15037916208_02af14389b_b.jpg

15037841680_eb004dc081_b.jpg

Perfectly legal.

The plate holder or backing is quite short so the ends just flap around quite a bit and as I have 5 digits I had a shorter one made. The MK7 the plate moves up as you can see on the white one, mine's a mk6.

New car, pics taken with Potato on a tiny driveway. VW Polo SE 1.2 tsi.

Spent the a fair amount of time yesterday claying and waxing the thing, got some horrible water spots on the windscreen in the meantime, blahhh :(

Zawy9xk.jpg
N8934si.jpg
i1vVRXb.jpg
5pf2N5J.jpg
N8934si.jpg
1M65qxv.jpg
TBnqoTe.jpg
SQ6eFRj.jpg
Spent the a fair amount of time yesterday claying and waxing the thing, got some horrible water spots on the windscreen in the meantime, blahhh :(

Back
Top Bottom