Show Us Your Motors!

That E30 is wonderful with the exception of the 'BMW M POWER' numberplate surround, it has no M Power, it's a 318iS, it's a wonderful car in its own right and it doesn't need that sort of pretend cheese.

[TW]Fox;26984801 said:
That E30 is wonderful with the exception of the 'BMW M POWER' numberplate surround, it has no M Power, it's a 318iS, it's a wonderful car in its own right and it doesn't need that sort of pretend cheese.

Gear knob and gaitor (especially so) too...and what's with the carpet? :confused:

Very tidy and decent looking car though :cool:

guess the carpet is there to prevent sun damage?! dunno looks totally out of place! very nice car though :)

I believe it gives a non reflective finish so you get no reflection on the windscreen when driving in bright conditions. They could just paint it matt black too though.

I believe it gives a non reflective finish so you get no reflection on the windscreen when driving in bright conditions. They could just paint it matt black too though.

An E30 dash is hardly a reflective finish at all, I never had issue with a standard dash in the summer months so that doesn't really wash with me. It may protect it from cracking in the sun, but that's actually a fairly minor issue if you look after the car properly (ie, don't leave it in the sun for 25 years). My cab had a cracked dash but my touring didn't and neither were very well looked after really anyway.

I'd rather have a cracked dash I think than carpet on it, it just looks so awful having it on there to me. :( But then I'm also not a fan of the grey interior in general, much preferred the black in my cab.

Just bought a new car

Its my first Ford badged car

its a Focus 2009 1.8 Zetec in Vision Blue

FordFocus_zpsf00c24cc.jpg

Poor quality phone camera im afraid, colour looks miles better in the flesh

My E30 has had some restorative work here and there, but its been well looked after which is the main thing.
The dash has a crack on it unfortunately, the carpet came with the car when I bought it, I hated it at first too. but then I grew to love it.. Some day I will replace the dash, its rare to see an uncracked one tho..

The M badges are an issue on a non-M car I agree, however the ones on the steering wheel and gear knob are standard from factory. (I've had both refinished in half perforated half nappa leather though, which certainly isn't standard).

Being an IS, it shares a lot of parts with the more powerful 6 pot 325i M tech 1 and 2 E30's.

Saw lots of fawning over E30. Went back a page while thinking of a sarcastic remark. Found the photos - blown away.

I'm not a BMW fan by any stretch, but that's an amazing example. Credit to it's owner(s).

Back
Top Bottom