Show Us Your Motors!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The E46 M3 in the USA is slightly down on power too, specced at 333BHP I believe with a bit less torque too. We get 343BHP over here.

At least that's what all reviews and US posts seem to point to anyway :p

Soldato
Beautiful day today, thought I'd go for a quick play in the sunshine.

Had to take it easy though. Although bright and warm in the sun, the roads are still cold and greasy, and still frosty in the shade. Found a nice little spot above the Medway to take a few photos.

IMG_0293_zpsfa02ed41.jpg

IMG_0296_zpscf0e6cdc.jpg

IMG_0294_zps77c50fdf.jpg

IMG_0295_zpsf0899272.jpg

IMG_0288_zps8f999673.jpg

Soldato
Lovely car, the only current car I have a genuine want for.

Hopefully these will come into my price bracket in a few years time.

Oh I know that road - good fun if you can avoid cyclists and getting stuck behind people - the road through Burham?

That's the one. It was pretty quiet today, I didn't get stuck behind anyone. What's most fun is the country lane dual carriageway before you get to Burham. Nothing like being able to blat down a single track country lane and not have to worry about oncoming traffic :p

Soldato
I've had no problem with it. There's three modes: On (normal), "VSC Sport" (bit of slip allowed, traction control still on) and "TRC Off" (As VSC Sport but with Traction Control backed right off).

I leave the system on for day to day driving and haven't had any problems. If you try and provoke the car and boot it when slippery, it cuts in quite quickly (if a little violently) and keeps the back end stable. VSC Sport is what I use when out for a drive, it lets the car move around a bit more, but will intervene if things start getting too sideways and it leaves the traction control turned on but toned down. TRC OFF is the Hero mode and the one you want if you want to start drifting around every roundabout; traction control is backed right off so you can cause the back end to break way with the throttle. However, I think even in this mode there is still some electronic assistance in case things start to get really out of shape. But I've never been brave enough to try.

That said, as everyone knows, it's not a powerful car, so in most cases you have to be really trying to get the back end to break away with just the throttle.

Back
Top Bottom