Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
Is that where you live?

If so, take all the photographs again outside that house. Really adds confidence when viewing reasonably expensive cars. People shouldn't stereotype but they do - a performance car like that outside a house like that is nothing but confidence building for a potential buyer.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27429267 said:
Is that where you live?

If so, take all the photographs again outside that house. Really adds confidence when viewing reasonably expensive cars. People shouldn't stereotype but they do - a performance car like that outside a house like that is nothing but confidence building for a potential buyer.

+1

Relatively expensive cars with for sale photographs taken in random car parks / industrial estate etc make me wary when it's a private sale (rightly or wrongly). Not enough to put me off going to view if it's good, but I can't imagine an M5 is the easiest thing to sell so you may as well do all you can to maximise.

Soldato
I agree with fox. I'd likely buy privately from the home photos over the industrial estate/random car park photos. From the new photos I'd make the assumption that you was possibly an independent car salesman looking to make a quick buck. Whilst that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'd be more attracted to the obvious enthusiast (photos of other BMW in the background to be included).

Soldato
I'd definitely take better pics. Those pics show scratches inside and I assume this car is worth a chunk of money? Can't you get nicer wheels to sell it on? Are those tyres the correct size?

I don't get car values sometimes based on condition lol.

Soldato
Must admit, they're pretty poor photographs, at a minimum the car should have been parallel to the road, it looks like it's just been dumped there. A bit of sunshine wouldn't go amiss either!

Caporegime
Damn, the M5 looks awesome. Wasn't sure about the M6 wheels when I saw pics of it a while ago but they've grown on me. :cool:

What are you hoping to replace it with, if anything?

Soldato
Why are you loling? It looks like you just dumped it there and took a few quick pics with your phone. Which I'm guessing is exactly what you did. Why not ask someone who is going to put some effort in to take some for you?

I hear suns are pretty easy to rent :D

Sun was out last week!

Soldato
Were the second lot of photographs for a magazine shoot then?

It's pretty basic really, you're trying to sell a car, why not make an effort? Pretty confused as to why this conversation is even taking place!

Soldato
I think of more concern is that you've posted about the clutch possibly being on its way out, on an open internet forum. Hoping you're username here is not the same as aany you use on BMW forums! Otherwise that will do more damage to chances of a good sale than any less than perfect pictures, assuming anybody does some proper research.

Back
Top Bottom