Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
The Steering Wheel is utterly ridiculous if its the same as my E2008. Basically impossible to see your cluster and it busts your knee each time you climb in lol.

Me and the other half went to the dealers at the weekend as she liked the look of the 208. No matter what we did she couldn't find a comfortable seating position where the cluster was visible properly. Such as shame as the rest of the car was really nice, ruined by the steering wheel! Like you I smacked my knee on it instantly.

Soldato
Me and the other half went to the dealers at the weekend as she liked the look of the 208. No matter what we did she couldn't find a comfortable seating position where the cluster was visible properly. Such as shame as the rest of the car was really nice, ruined by the steering wheel! Like you I smacked my knee on it instantly.
My wife said she doesn't use it anyway

Soldato
What? The steering wheel?
Correct

cYg3e9z.jpg

Man of Honour
Zero issue for me though I do find the pedal box a bit tight and find myself occasionally getting my clutch foot caught on the footrest depressing the clutch. Just unfamiliar but low steering and higher seat makes it perfectly usable for me….though zero rear legroom.

Last edited:
Soldato
A tiny bit once I'd fixed the boosting issues, but only a couple of PSI.

Yeah I've gone from asking for advice to being one of the two go-to people for advice on the owners club now. ;p

If you’re unhappy you could always sell it I suppose? Or even sell it back to the guy you bought off?

Caporegime
If you’re unhappy you could always sell it I suppose? Or even sell it back to the guy you bought off?

Its a bit late for that, I'm into it big time now, I want to "finish" it and enjoy it. :p

And nah he wouldn't want it back, he's moving onto other cars I believe. Despite how peeved I am about the situation, we are still on good terms. I'm not annoyed enough to bring it up with him.

Not even sure why to be honest. Maybe I'm really just that grateful to have something to do. I am getting a sense of accomplishment out of this, and am enjoying keeping a pictoral log of the changes.

Soldato
I had a CLK 320. Not beastly but a lovely car. The previous owner had done everything that needed doing. Including sorting arch rust that was coming. It looked like new!

I traded it in for a C63 wagon. Wish I’d kept it.

Saw it for sale a few years later in Liverpool for a couple of grand. Would have bought it back if I had the cash

Associate
I had a CLK 320. Not beastly but a lovely car. The previous owner had done everything that needed doing. Including sorting arch rust that was coming. It looked like new!

I traded it in for a C63 wagon. Wish I’d kept it.

Saw it for sale a few years later in Liverpool for a couple of grand. Would have bought it back if I had the cash
Mine has a bit of rust on the wheel archers will sort it out in July.
I bought this car with a full-service history, but unfortunately only on paper. Right after the purchase, I went to a friend mechanic to do a full service. It turned out that the oil was as black as in a diesel engine, the oil filter looked like someone had sucked it out, the fuel filter was from 2011, and the air filters were clogged. According to the last invoice from the garage, the last service was done a year ago, and the car has only travelled 2700 miles since then. That's why I replaced everything, including spark plugs, and ignition wires, and serviced the gearbox. There are still a few things to be done, such as non-working Xenon headlight washers, Xenon levelling modules, seat heaters, and other minor things.

BTW C63 is a very cool car, I wanted to buy one but it was out of my budget. Anyway I hope that someday the CLK 55 AMG will be appreciated and become a classic. With that in mind, I bought this car.

Back
Top Bottom