Show Us Your Motors!

All the condensation is something I still find weird about my car. Great clouds of it accumulate and get blown in the wind until the exhaust is warm. The Polo never did that..... :p

My old turbo leaves a massive cloud when closing the throttle before it is warmed up. It is almost like a James Bond gadget as it blinds the person behind me!

Baffling! - Surely it's the baffles inside that are simply still damp? Engine might be at operating temp but the backbox innards need more time to fully dry out?

Isn't it due to the ehtanol levels the fuel contains meaning there's essentially water vapour being condensed when the exhaust is still cold? I think that's what I read.

I like the idea of the Golf R, especially with load space. I loved my MKV GTi DSG and I can assume the R is the same. It was quick, the DSG was an experience and the car was very solidly built and very comfy compared to the relative sheds I'd had before. But I agree, it's a lot of power for the road. Be OK if I was on good money and could only have one car as it'll cover all bases although not really master any of them.

Guess I'm getting old too. Don't actually enjoy driving on the roads anymore. What's left of them around here anyway. A track toy is my mid life crisis aim. If I make it that far.

Couple of pics, wash, polish and wax with the dual action! Took a bloody long time but came up nicely. Azurite has a good amount of green fleck in it, and changes colour depending on light (Deep blue, Greenish blue, Purple), fantastic...when clean :D

X5dAVlJ.jpg

AgXMkJa.jpg

0pGFLot.jpg

NP39sl4.jpg

Kd9mxwV.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome in that colour, don't fancy keeping it clean though :p

The 4 series shape always manages to look a bit bulky to my eyes though, a lot of metal over the back wheel. Prefer the M3 saloon shape for that reason, but wouldn't really say no to either :D

Back
Top Bottom