Show Us Your Motors!

Congrats on the R8, and thank god you didn't get the R-Chronic gearbox. I don't understand how Audi could take an already flawed gearbox, and make it significantly worse than Lamborghini managed to. That takes real talent.

I've come so close to buying an R8 so many times, in fact I was on my way to buy a V10+ when my wife suggested we stop by the Ferrari dealership first. Well, you don't say no to that, and I ended up not buying the R8.

They're excellent cars, very solid and fantastic all round, I know you'll be very happy with it.

[ui]ICEMAN;29073999 said:
I've come so close to buying an R8 so many times, in fact I was on my way to buy a V10+ when my wife suggested we stop by the Ferrari dealership first. Well, you don't say no to that, and I ended up not buying the R8.

I just love that paragraph...winning with life and what a great idea by your wife. haha! :cool:

[ui]ICEMAN;29073999 said:
Congrats on the R8, and thank god you didn't get the R-Chronic gearbox. I don't understand how Audi could take an already flawed gearbox, and make it significantly worse than Lamborghini managed to. That takes real talent.

They're excellent cars, very solid and fantastic all round, I know you'll be very happy with it.

Did quite a bit of research sleepless nights etc was definitely not going to go R-Tronic. Main appeal was how solid these cars are glad to hear Iceman himself quote that!

0121161810_HDR_zpsa3cldkeq.jpg

Liked the colorful sky

Last edited:
Since I sold the Range Rover I've been using the Golf which I actually gave to my Mrs so she was getting fed up, got browsing the trader and picked this up for a whopping £1500. I am absoloutely chuffed to bits with it to say what I paid...this is my new daily..

320d M Sport E46

It's got wood and alcantara which goes really well together and Harmon Kardon!!

Can't beat 50mpg

6BFB5D3B-4920-49AA-9583-07A3A8CC1C54_zpsutt2zpsd.jpg

FED29E04-A8E6-45B0-88BF-89EEA79D93A6_zpsz6qkemoe.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, nice car tom, i recently had a 330i Sport Touring which i paid a similar sum for with the idea that i'd use it as a cheap little tip car/work commuter.

It ended up being a bit of an annoyance though to be honest, little niggles all the time to the point where i just couldn't be bothered any more :p Be interesting to hear how it goes.

Ha, nice car tom, i recently had a 330i Sport Touring which i paid a similar sum for with the idea that i'd use it as a cheap little tip car/work commuter.

It ended up being a bit of an annoyance though to be honest, little niggles all the time to the point where i just couldn't be bothered any more :p Be interesting to hear how it goes.

Swirl flaps probably will explode soon :D

The car is at 185k so it's more than likely been done?? it's a 2 owner car with full BMW history.

No idea, it just struck a chord when i saw its age and the fact it was an E46!

It was never anything major with mine, its just that the E46 is absolutely ancient now so plastic bits were all getting brittle, pipes, sensors etc.

Little bits like the coolant reservoir cracked and leaked, the lambda sensor went wrong causing an EML and was then rusted into the exhaust so i couldnt get it out. Stuff like that, nothing which caused the car to be undrivable or cost much actual money, but it did mean that i was spending time googling issues and then fixing them one after another.

You might find it does the same, im not sure what your appetite for hassle is :p

No idea, it just struck a chord when i saw its age and the fact it was an E46!

It was never anything major with mine, its just that the E46 is absolutely ancient now so plastic bits were all getting brittle, pipes, sensors etc.

Little bits like the coolant reservoir cracked and leaked, the lambda sensor went wrong causing an EML and was then rusted into the exhaust so i couldnt get it out. Stuff like that, nothing which caused the car to be undrivable or cost much actual money, but it did mean that i was spending time googling issues and then fixing them one after another.

You might find it does the same, im not sure what your appetite for hassle is :p

I normally buy cars on condition, I'd looked at a few around this mark and they were all ropey as hell. The bits I can see look in great condition, clutch is good and gearbox feels as good as my 330i did with half the mileage...

It's purely going to be used for Nottingham > London and back most weeks

I could have just got another golf (which has been absoloute bomb proof) infact, I'm sure if we ever broke out into nuclear war my MK4 Golf TDI would still start up.

But...I have always, always had a soft spot for E46 so this really fit the bill. Let's see how reliable it proves.

I've always liked the e46 and had a hankering for a 330i touring. I fear that the time when one can buy a properly nice hassle free one has passed though. The E90 I actually quite like the look of too but they're not rated nearly as highly as the E46 it seems.

£1500 for that sounds like a bargain, will be interesting to hear how long until it lasts until it definitely explodes

I've always liked the e46 and had a hankering for a 330i touring. I fear that the time when one can buy a properly nice hassle free one has passed though. The E90 I actually quite like the look of too but they're not rated nearly as highly as the E46 it seems.

£1500 for that sounds like a bargain, will be interesting to hear how long until it lasts until it definitely explodes

Having owned 4 E46 of different variety now the things I love about the E46....

The interior layout
The solid feel of the door shut
The E46 'smell' (weirdo)
The high quality plastics on the dash
The solid feel of all the interior buttons
The gearbox
The handling

Just a timeless machine from one of BMW's finest hours

Back
Top Bottom