Show Us Your Motors!

Xez

Xez

Associate
Hard day for the garage queen. For anyone that's interested, the fairly expensive Stoptech discs went the exact same way as the old ones after maybe 3 sessions, vibration city. Waste of money, should have just bought an AP racing setup in the first place arghhhh.

I have AP two piece discs and mine went the same after a few sessions. Horrible feeling through the steering wheel! Slightly annoying when paying £700 just for the disc rotor!

Associate
I actually quite like the Avenger. I know it's probably not a good car, but at least it stands out in a sea of Mondeos and Vectras.

Well to tell a secret, it's actually Diesel :o
They use a 2.0 unit sourced from VW for the EU market. Which is part of the appeal for me.
I started a new job a few years ago with a bit of a commute, and the 2.5 V6 in the Cougar was killing me fuel wise. I get high 40's MPG in this. So it suited me fine. I like American style but I need German fuel efficiency.

Soldato
I wish! You should have seen this place, 6 or so space car garage (and spacious too) with cars under covers and what was close to a mansion next door. You could have eaten off the floor of the garage. The 458 Speciale under one of the covers was absolutely stunning - and they aren't even for sale, just as an investment. The bit you see is the room build onto the end of the house. I am definitely in the wrong profession.

Does look like a special place.

Something for us mortals to aspire to? :D

Permabanned
bought this for the wife to replace her citroen

£1200 57 plate bargain
had it valeted today the smoke is from the fog-it machine.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Soldato
I have AP two piece discs and mine went the same after a few sessions. Horrible feeling through the steering wheel! Slightly annoying when paying £700 just for the disc rotor!

Disappointing indeed. I do wonder if it could be down to the calipers, they are a fairly low end OEM Brembo unit.

Soldato
Clarkey - Can you swap with Pagid RS29's? I know the RC6 are a better pads but they also run hotter too potentially causing more disc issues.

In fact what about the RC6 Endurance pads, these should also run cooler than the RC6.

Back
Top Bottom