Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Not everyone will like it, but I'm happy with it :)

6yFqfK.jpg

Soldato
I'm sure it's a good little car and certainly better than an almera! They do look so generic though, from that photo if it wasn't for the Kia badge on the front id have absolutely no idea what it was. But I guess that's not really the point!

Soldato
I'm sure it's a good little car and certainly better than an almera! They do look so generic though, from that photo if it wasn't for the Kia badge on the front id have absolutely no idea what it was. But I guess that's not really the point!

I can see why people think that it looks like a Corola, the newer ones certainly look like them thats for sure.

It handles really well, steering is nice and precise and there is good bit of feed back from the steering in general. Unlike the Almera which has been a very reliable car was very sterile to drive.

I was all set to buy a Skoda Fabia 1.6 TDI but I got told off by the Mrs for wanting to spend money on a car when we need carpet in the house.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Clarkey - Can you swap with Pagid RS29's? I know the RC6 are a better pads but they also run hotter too potentially causing more disc issues.

In fact what about the RC6 Endurance pads, these should also run cooler than the RC6.

For reference I'm using Pagid RS4-2 and they didn't fade one bit but they couldn't handle the heat. My disc rotors had temperature paint on them and on my first track day I had exceeded 600C if the paint is to be believed.

I don't think it's the calipers but I have Brembo TTRS/RS3 calipers.

Soldato
If they didn't fade then they can handle the heat?..

I had no pad fade, did boil up the fluid though, after that the vibration started to come in. Will be doing another TD or 2 this month. I'm going to put SRF fluid in and work on the cooling more. I did put in some basic ducting, but I will remove the back plates, and pipe some air directly into the centre of the discs too.

Back
Top Bottom