Show Us Your Motors!

Don
Haha, this :D

How are you finding her?

Fairly epic, it's just so much fun and I really cannot understand how it got such bad reviews, it's a rocket ship with a lovely refined interior and predictable & confidence inspiring handling. The gear box is really quite awesome.

negatives, boot space when the roof is down is comical, the lack of bluetooth audio streaming, no android USB support and a comically dire 'online services' suite which seems to cost a fortune and offer nothing. Oh and the 'professional' stereo; I'd hate to meet the amateur one coz it's blooming awful!

averages, fuel economy seems fairly poor, I'd heard good things but it seems on par with my old 3.0si. But I keep finding excuses to go and drive it so that sums up my overall feelings.

mods already done - LUX H8 160 Angel Eyes, BMW Genuine Sports aerial (stubby), bosch aero wipers, iphone 4 mounting kit (and an iphone 4s for music :p ), latest 2016 maps (and stupidly expensive activation cost) and fully comp bmw warranty/£100 excess and emergency car whatsit.

fun fun fun :cool:

Caporegime
pIrByRB.jpg

Sellers picture because his house is much nicer than mine.

- 2013 ST-2, 30k, £10,750 (private)
- Navigation (Ford Sync is AWFUL), style pack (dark grey wheels, light up sill plates and red calipers), parking sensors, factory gangster tints
- Interior is totally naff, but you can see Ford have spent the money on the bits that matter. It doesn't rattle about, which is the main thing
- MP215 kit would be nice but adds £300 to insurance so that might have to wait till next year

The speed it can carry through corners is something else, I'm not sure Ford needed to make the suspension as hard as they did to make it handle well but it's not crashy. The Bridgestones it comes with are very noisy on bad surfaces, so hopefully I can wear those down quickly.

It's really good value considering you could spend the same money on a 2010 Focus ST, and similar aged Fiesta Zetec-S are about the same money.

Hopefully it's done the bulk of it's depreciation, road tax is £130, the last owners average MPG was 38 and tyres are £80 a corner so it's no more expensive to run than my old Focus. Minor services are £150 and it had the 36k/3year major service early as the owner was quick fastidious - that was £300.

Insurance was £670, Focus was £470 for comparison.

alx

alx

Soldato
Fairly epic, it's just so much fun and I really cannot understand how it got such bad reviews, it's a rocket ship with a lovely refined interior and predictable & confidence inspiring handling. The gear box is really quite awesome.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus from most people I know who have driven/own one!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato

negatives, boot space when the roof is down is comical, the lack of bluetooth audio streaming, no android USB support and a comically dire 'online services' suite which seems to cost a fortune and offer nothing. Oh and the 'professional' stereo; I'd hate to meet the amateur one coz it's blooming awful!

averages, fuel economy seems fairly poor, I'd heard good things but it seems on par with my old 3.0si. But I keep finding excuses to go and drive it so that sums up my overall feelings.

mods already done - LUX H8 160 Angel Eyes, BMW Genuine Sports aerial (stubby), bosch aero wipers, iphone 4 mounting kit (and an iphone 4s for music :p ), latest 2016 maps (and stupidly expensive activation cost) and fully comp bmw warranty/£100 excess and emergency car whatsit.

fun fun fun :cool:

I have similar opinions to you regarding how the car got such bad reviews. I love the way mine drives!

Regarding the boot space, you can get fitted suitcases which fit under the retracted roof. I went for a set of the Roadsterbags luggage which was about £180 IIRC and it fits well, easily enough room for a couple to fit a week's clothes in. You obviously can't get them out with the roof down, but that's not the end of the world.

What fuel economy are you getting? Including all of the hooning I've done, I'm averaging 26.87 over about 7,000 miles. On a long run I get about 30, with my best whole-tank average currently at 32.47mpg.

I've got a Viseoo Tune2Air waiting for when I get around to fixing the USB port. I'll let you know how that is :)

Caporegime
There are very few bad cars, we're pretty spoilt in this day and age. I think some car reviewers need to be sent back to the late 70's/early 80's to test drive Allegros, Marinas, Triumph Acclaims/TR7s and the like just to be shown what a bad car actually is.

Soldato
That is a mental price for insurance on a 215hp Fiesta, not like you're young and/or inexperienced driver.
Nice upgrade though, do really like those.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom