Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Random question, how is the leather on your steering wheel Janesy B? Mines very firm and not very nice to hold as its brand new. Just wondered if it softens up after a few years!

Caporegime
Are these still deemed as effective these days?

5 mins plus to defeat, so pretty effective. Enough for a potential crim to look inside and think better of it.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/95033/disklok

Random question, how is the leather on your steering wheel Janesy B? Mines very firm and not very nice to hold as its brand new. Just wondered if it softens up after a few years!

It's quite hard still, the 10 and 2 thumb grips are medium/firm.

Caporegime
Shouldn't you be fixing your Celica m8?

Its getting there. Radiator and condenser going on tomorrow and all being hooked up again, then Sunday Leigh Boy is coming to help bleed and fill the cooling system hopefully... Though it looks like the coolant may not arrive in time... And also help do the water pump, aux belt, and thermostat...

Adz

Adz

Soldato

Of course, it is the "show us your motors" thread. A V8 Ferrari has been my dream since before I had a license and yesterday I realised it, 3 days before my 30th birthday.

It's a 2014 Speciale, Rosso F1, Nero interior, carbon fibre diffuser/flaps, carbon fibre seats, telemetry, BT + Nav.

The driving experience is something else. I haven't driven it enough to really sum it up but watch the reviews on Youtube... which is all I've been doing for the past 12 months.

The stripes are love/hate. For me they were a must, I didn't want anyone mistaking it for an 'ordinary' 458.

Oh, and the stereo is ****.

Soldato
Its basically the same lump yeah. It's actually the less desirable engine as it uses a lot more fuel than the 2.0T but only produces a bit more power. Sounds nice though and that ones a great colour combo.

They also do the 2.8 with a 4WD system and 280Bhp called the Turbo X - very rare car

The 2.8 does tune very nicely though. A JZW remap will take it past 300 with ease.

Soldato
The Speciale is very nice but you've really got to want the extra 'bits' over the standard 458, with the massive overs they are selling for.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Wow, i just looked at how much those (458 Speciale) are. Thats a lot to drop on a car! I wonder how it will work out compared with other investments? The supercar market seems extremely strong.

daz

daz

Soldato
More expensive to buy but to own over x years the Speciale is likely to hold its value or even appreciate.

Man maths says it's probably better than earning 1% in the bank. :p

Back
Top Bottom