Show Us Your Motors!

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Mate that's a great lap but seriously, buy a lid. You have an off at that speed and those heads will be mush. Love the Spaz, rested massively by the few owners I know of.

It's a fair point but very few lids are worn on Touristenfahrten days. One person wearing a helmet would be pretty disastrous for other people in the car so it's really all or none.

The only person to actually crash was me, on the GP circuit.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Ouch, where on the GP circuit? I did it in my Evo, crazy track and no rules. As close to racing as I've ever felt.

Final corner. Not exactly a crash but I spun out and just nudged the wall.

There definitely are rules, they're just not rammed down your throat like they are here. The Germans expect you to exercise common sense.

The 'ring is such an incredible place and I highly recommend every true petrol head spends at least a few days there.

Man of Honour
Final corner. Not exactly a crash but I spun out and just nudged the wall.

There definitely are rules, they're just not rammed down your throat like they are here. The Germans expect you to exercise common sense.

The 'ring is such an incredible place and I highly recommend every true petrol head spends at least a few days there.

There were 3-4 cars abreast going into the first corner, bikes coming down the straight, zero blue flags, no lids, no drivers briefing. Certainly much more relaxed than any other track I have driven on. I've been going to the 'ring for 10+ years now so know what to expect on the big circuit, just thought it'd be a bit more controlled on the GP!

Man of Honour
It's a fair point but very few lids are worn on Touristenfahrten days. One person wearing a helmet would be pretty disastrous for other people in the car so it's really all or none.

The only person to actually crash was me, on the GP circuit.

I'm going end of the month and I'll be taking my lid! I've seen clashed heads, it's not a good look.

Man of Honour
There were 3-4 cars abreast going into the first corner, bikes coming down the straight, zero blue flags, no lids, no drivers briefing. Certainly much more relaxed than any other track I have driven on. I've been going to the 'ring for 10+ years now so know what to expect on the big circuit, just thought it'd be a bit more controlled on the GP!

Track days in Europe tend to be a lot freer in terms of what you can do, where you can overtake etc. Crazy Europeans :D

N3M

N3M

Associate
MY daily and and garaged cars.

The first is an Audi B5 S4 2.7 BiTurbo and the second is a Mk2 Golf GTi 16v.

Granted these old girls arent half as snazzy as some posted on here, but they both make me smile whenever im out in them.

N3M

N3M

Associate
I agree about the lack of tyre!

This is how it sat on the original BBS RA's.

The shiny wheels I bought as a package locally for silly cheap as "he didn't like the way his car drove on them" - Obviously.

I fitted them to the car, took photos and they're back in the garage and its back on the originals for now. Just like high heels on a woman, they are not practical at all but look good when stood still :p

FYI. Those tyres are 165/50/15! stretched to fit. Crazy kids :)

Back
Top Bottom