Show Us Your Motors!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I'm obviously biased, but it's such a smart looking car, especially in S-line trim. What's the ride like with sports suspension and 19"s?

Commissario
I'm obviously biased, but it's such a smart looking car, especially in S-line trim. What's the ride like with sports suspension and 19"s?

The ride is quite hard and my only gripe is the road noise but I suppose that is to be expected with 19" wheels. I have done a little investigating and it would seem that the pirelle p zero's are to blame but I'm loath to move away from them when they have so much tread left.

A lot of peeps over at Audi Sport recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 3. :)

Soldato
I only speak from experience on that though. I too was getting fed up of road noise and also the cost of replacing low profile tyres every time I had a puncture (which seemed quite a regular occurrence unfortunately). So in true old man fashion I sold my 19s and replaced them with more comfortable 17s. Ha

Soldato
The ride is quite hard and my only gripe is the road noise but I suppose that is to be expected with 19" wheels. I have done a little investigating and it would seem that the pirelle p zero's are to blame but I'm loath to move away from them when they have so much tread left.

A lot of peeps over at Audi Sport recommend the Michelin Pilot Sport 3. :)

So what car is it then? :confused: Engine? :confused: Specs? :confused:

Associate
Bought two months ago, 08 Edition 30 manual 5 door 2.0 TFSI. Main differences over a stock GTI is the K04 turbo charger which is used in the Audi S3, which is detuned down to 232bhp, so shifts well enough.

Completely standard, not a huge amount of options ticked but has cruise and lux pack. Comes as standard with heated seats, dual climate and rain/light sensors. Has three pilot sport 3 and a V12 hankook which will need to be changed.

Mechanically beautiful and that's the main thing with a special edition, not going to cry over not having a sun roof or xenons. Plan is to retrofit a nice new VW double din head unit and call it that. If i keep it long enough it will be a new clutch and a remap and air intake to 300bhp, would like it to have a switch so can go from economy mode / valet / normal / fun.

Coming from a clio 182 with 150k miles, this certainly feels fresh and tight, love the way it handles and the michelin tires are sensational in the wet!

P4301495 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

P4301519 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

P4301521 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

P4301516 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

P4301529 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

P4301503 by Dael Evans, on Flickr

Images are too wide, please use spoiler tags.

Back
Top Bottom