Show Us Your Motors!

Someone is touchy that my old Italian car was more reliable than his solid as a rock Japanese car... ;)

stT.gif

Not strictly my car, a lease, but for daily use to keep the miles off my weekend toy and to park at stations and airports without worrying some turnip has dinged it or put a tracking device on it to steal it!

05E85972-DFC2-4726-A738-28DB180C24F9_zpsik8yxnju.jpg

FD31E98E-CEE7-4266-A6E3-8886670CBC19_zps66gsobzm.jpg

9D316B90-569F-4825-93C4-33BA84CB4EA4_zpsilawonqm.jpg

The current gen of small hot hatches is probably the best/most competitive it's ever been.

Polo GTI
MINI Cooper S
Peugeot 208 GTI
Renault Clio 200
Fiesta ST
Audi S1
Corsa VXR
Fiat 500 Abarth

I had a couple of business meetings close to home today, 20 minutes, so was an ideal test. I took the Polo even though I have an all optioned up Q5 in the garage on loan from Audi who have mine AGAIN. I got it home, put it in the garage and took the Polo, didn't like the Q5 at all, just not my sort of car at all. I'm now getting use to the Polo and it's a nice little car. It's not a pocket rocket like the last Clio Sport thing I drove, much more grown up and much closer in feel to a bigger car, which is what I wanted really. Small on road, but big inside feeling with good sound dampening. It's on this front the VW's are above the Fords and their ilk in my view. Ford plastics are no worse, it's just a noisier car in my opinion and the ergonomics for me are nicer in the VW.

I like the Polo, some of the lease prices I've seen are surprisingly cheap.

The current gen of small hot hatches is probably the best/most competitive it's ever been.

Polo GTI
MINI Cooper S
Peugeot 208 GTI
Renault Clio 200
Fiesta ST
Audi S1
Corsa VXR
Fiat 500 Abarth

Is the latest JCW Mini any good?

Back
Top Bottom