Show Us Your Motors!

His car has a torque converter-based auto box, which is what is generally meant by the term 'slushbox'. The reason twin clutch autos and CVTs aren't called 'slushboxes' is because they don't use fluid as the coupling method like a torque converter does.

Technically they do, there's a torque converter before the CVT.

Paddles on a slushbox are just awful and you'd be bored of them within 5 minutes

It depends on the engine as to whether the paddles are pointless though. I never use them on my 530d yet the last 2 litre turbo petrol engined auto I drove had no paddles and I really wish it had, it was more difficult to exploit it's power band effectively.

Love the Camaro, have a huge thing for Cameros in general and the new ones just look so mean. A '69 Z28 has been a dream car of mine since I got into cars, bit I'd happily take a new gen one too!!

7 months in (photo is a month old)...still enjoying it. Such a great car. Wouldn't mind a TTS one day. :D

I still have a soft spot for the mk2 TT and miss my old one even though it was a diesel. :o

AC4B23DA-F87B-4B1C-AFA8-2192030F2D8F.jpg

Not a big Motors poster, but collected this yesterday :)

First actual new car I've ever had. Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, V8 with 455BHP.

Pretty sure this thing is going to put a smile on my face every time I step inside :D:cool:

QyivqvS.jpg

That looks fantastic! More pictures needed

Flew over to Belfast Saturday morning to pick this up, and then caught the ferry over to Stranraer before driving some brilliant roads home (at the beginning, at least!). It has replaced an Audi A1 that I'd kept for four years and put 49,000 miles on. Needed a bit more space and the extra doors - it is the 125i auto version.

pVjbWw5.jpg

5DTKb1v.jpg

Edit - one photo from the drive home. A712 - brilliant road.

jSI8s0u.jpg

yeh its a great car best car I've owned to date i had a new a3 shape before and its so much nicer to drive and plenty quick if needs be.

The 4 pot m sport brakes are ok (the blue calipers look good against the car ) come part of the pack as i only wanted the harman kardon speakers but the pack wasn't much more so had to be added.

The only down side was the car was over 35k retail which is a lot of money for a D i should have got the 228i but next time i'll know for the better. It takes up to 2-3 months for the quotes to come back when requests come in hence just ordering what you want at the time.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! More pictures needed

Really enjoying the car so far, sounds amazing and isn't too bad for day to day driving. Quite like how it turns from a V8 to a V4 when cruising to save on fuel.

Has quite a few added extras, the performance exhaust pack and the performance pack being the main extras.

The colour is called Hyper Blue Metallic and the interior is Ash Gray.

Here are some more pics (Camera phone, sorry) after a quick blast off of the road grime. :)

Working over here for a few years and hoping to bring it home to terrorise the British roads. :cool:

3aswStW.jpg

Tnmd5Dd.jpg

uENWERx.jpg

apxGvrg.jpg

fh9YjFj.jpg

cbhiA4B.jpg

gdv0jWd.jpg

Y6mb2af.jpg

7NyZ5U9.jpg

cneXsQF.jpg

Last edited:
Back