Show Us Your Motors!

Excellent... Lowish mileage, high spec, and free. A good trio. :D

Dunno if that was tongue in cheek or not...is 100k+ miles considered low these days? :o

100K miles is pretty low in a diesel Passat of that age, on average. :)

On a semi related note, my old Polo 1.2 is still going strong, current owner apparently just took it past 160K :D

Its just under 110k miles. I consider that very little these days! :p

My Saab has 186k on the clock, and thats a petrol :eek:

Its overdue a splosion by at least 86k :D

"Sorry father in law, I can't take this free vehicle you're giving me that was maintained properly as it was a company car because it is above 100k miles. Frankly I am disgusted you would even offer me this"

:p

Not questioning the 'free'ness of it. Just weird how people call 100k miles low. For that car it might be average...but not 'low'. :p

"Sorry father in law, I can't take this free vehicle you're giving me that was maintained properly as it was a company car because it is above 100k miles. Frankly I am disgusted you would even offer me this"

:p

Haha, I had similar sarcastic thoughts!

"Whilst the offer is very generous you don't need to be so cheap" *tut*

"....what do you mean get out?"

Not questioning the 'free'ness of it. Just weird how people call 100k miles low. For that car it might be average...but not 'low'. :p

Depends on what you're used to and your expectation.

With the exception of one car I don't think I've owned a car with less than 50-60k on it. And every time I've changed cars it's had well over 100k on the clock (if memory serves anyway). To some a car with over 100k is a no go. To me, providing it's been maintained and looked after I'm not bothered.

If I had had to buy the car from him, my money would have gone elsewhere. But it was completely free and there is nothing wrong with it. We had the opportunity to trade it in against something else but took the smart root to keep the cost down

We both like and want something else. So hopefully this will last whilst we work, get settled and save up. :)

I'd say it totally depends on how it was maintained :) I've seen cars that look/sound horrible and have 30k on them and cars that look and sound great with 200k + on them.

100k miles on a passat is nothing tbh.

Just checked my dads old company car that he got rid of at 110k and it got changed to a pool car

Vehicle makeFORD
Vehicle modelMONDEO
Date first used21 September 1994
Fuel typeDiesel
ColourBlue

MOT history of this vehicle
Test date3 May 2006
Expiry date2 May 2007
Test ResultPass
Odometer reading186,368 miles
MOT test number4626 4322 6179

Not bad! Looks like it must have gone bang some time that year though :(