Show Us Your Motors!

Not stopped by here for a while :)

Been running this for the last couple years, down sized from an E60 M5 and saving some cash to spend on the house. Slush box 330i but it suits the car and keeps the wife happy! Nice spec with xenons etc. Really like the look of the pre LCI xenons.

WrKmLb3.jpg

ESl6jHU.jpg

Tk00Vdr.jpg

smart car that, looks like it has some decent spec too as you said! :)

Interested to see if you get away with calling it a slush box though... Since people ripped into me for using that phrase to mean automatics in general... :p

Last edited:
smart car that, looks like it has some decent spec too as you said! :)

Interested to see if you get away with calling it a slush box though... Since people ripped into me for using that phrase to mean automatics in general... :p

:p Well slush box or not, it aint SMG or anything fancy! Nice and smooth though I enjoy driving it.

It was around 6.5k IIRC, with 100k and ex demo and then 1 owner, guess that explains the high spec, it doesnt have electric seats but has pretty much everything else I think. No issues in a little over 2 years so its been a pretty cheap car. Fuel economy could be better but it will see 30 on a run and we do less than 10k a year so it doesn't break the bank and its worth it for the sound and torque regardless!

Was looking at 330i/330d's on AT just now out of curiosity, plenty in my price range in good nick, low-ish mileage, full history etc, but so very few with spec... :(

If I were to get one I would want:

- Auto w' paddles
- Pro nav
- Sport seats
- Sport steering wheel
- Anything but silver trim
- (assuming any with that stuff would have all the other kit I'd want)

But there don't seem to be any really... :p

Paddles were not standard on the 330 until later on in the production life of the E90.

How do you know there are plenty in good nick just from pictures on Autotrader? You of all people should know a picture hides a thousand sins...

[TW]Fox;29833625 said:
Paddles were not standard on the 330 until later on in the production life of the E90.

How do you know there are plenty in good nick just from pictures on Autotrader? You of all people should know a picture hides a thousand sins...

Ahh OK so they were an option as well then... :)

Ones that appear in good nick from the pictures I mean! I bought that unmentionable shed after seeing two low resolution pictures of the car which were taken about a year prior... I know I know... Lets not eh... :D

Last edited:
"Good nick" is highly subjective though.

I've seen people on this very forum post pictures of cars in good nick, cars that have not been driven with floor mats, that have scuffs in places that demonstrate poor care was taken during ownership etc. All because they've had a quick valet before going up for sale :p

"Good nick" is highly subjective though.

I've seen people on this very forum post pictures of cars in good nick, cars that have not been driven with floor mats, that have scuffs in places that demonstrate poor care was taken during ownership etc. All because they've had a quick valet before going up for sale :p

OK the only car I have owned which I thought was in 'good nick', was the Corolla. The only flaws that had were a very small crease in drivers door, a very small rust patch next to the rear glass which had been dealt with, small spattering of 'normal' stone chips, two bad ones which were touched up on the bonnet, very slight stress marks on the corner of the front bumper which were barely visible after a wash and some quick detailer spray, a small nick on passenger seat fabric, and a small nick on dash (my friend did it with her massive camera lens :()

The Skoda I wouldn't classify as 'good nick' but rather 'above average condition' (for the age and mileage / type of car) because it is fairly tidy, but does have a few small dents and scrapes, a little bit of rust bubbling on a rear arch which had been touched up, stress marks on the rear bumper and a few scuffs to the corner, a crack on the bottom of the front bumper, and drivers seat bolster wear.

Your car mrk I imagine you would classify as 'tidy', but to me (and most other mere mortals) it is 'impeccably mint'. :D

Last edited:

His car has a torque converter-based auto box, which is what is generally meant by the term 'slushbox'. The reason twin clutch autos and CVTs aren't called 'slushboxes' is because they don't use fluid as the coupling method like a torque converter does.

His car has a torque converter-based auto box, which is what is generally meant by the term 'slushbox'. The reason twin clutch autos and CVTs aren't called 'slushboxes' is because they don't use fluid as the coupling method like a torque converter does.

Oh. :p

Genuinely didn't know it was a torque converter auto...

Not a big Motors poster, but collected this yesterday :)

First actual new car I've ever had. Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, V8 with 455BHP.

Pretty sure this thing is going to put a smile on my face every time I step inside :D:cool:

QyivqvS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom