Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
New brake disc on and all working trouble free finally, excuse the filthy car. :D

IMG_0798.jpg

OcUK Staff
Mate you need some lime green socks ready for the next meet.

I will have to order some, I did last night set all my dash lighting, in car lighting to lime green, haha. :D

Ordered some paint for rear calipers, also got covers incoming too, so I can play with both options and see what turns out best and that little red dot on the 5.0 badge, will be getting changed from red to green. :D

OcUK Staff
Ah crap. I got confused and thought you were talking about the Viper as that was the post you quoted. You're 4 and a bit litres and a couple of cylinders short of the Viper :p

Dodge/GM do this on some of their cars, but I don't think they even bother on the proper fast stuff. Essentially:
- Customer: What is the highway mpg on this, does it have cylinder de-activation?
- Sales person: Sir this is not the car you are looking for!

:D

I've seen 36-38mph at constant 80mph in the Mustang with cruise control on, Ford just use the trick of over drive gears, 6th is geared for like 250mph so even 100mph on the motorway is not 3000rpm and the cars limiter is around 8500rpm.

Only issue with this when the car was stock 6th gear literally did nothing, foot to floor and it hardly accelerated. Now its custom tuned partial throttle in 6th is quite nice and if I keep my foot in it above 100mph it starts to pull quite well for such a long gear. Of course rapid pace neads dropping to 5th which tops out around 170mph.

Back
Top Bottom