Show Us Your Motors!

daz

daz

Soldato
That was my first reaction, it's very easy to get worked up and annoyed with yourself when things like that happen but then I realised it's just a wheel; and I'll get it repaired as soon as I can. :o

Soldato
New or used? Surprised to see Hankook tyres on a Audi.

Used, and that was my first reaction. However, after a bit of reading around online, they were fitted as standard to their new cars. They seem decent enough though - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 - they're certainly not the best out there but not the worst either.

Soldato
Used, and that was my first reaction. However, after a bit of reading around online, they were fitted as standard to their new cars. They seem decent enough though - Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 - they're certainly not the best out there but not the worst either.
they're high quality tyres.. nothing wrong with hankook other than the fact that they're jap manufacturer

Associate
Daily driver and toy. Fiesta Zetec-S and S1 Elise

Wifes daily. Fiesta ST-3

And not technically mine, but my dad no longer drives so I get to play chauffeur in them.

M135i

V12 Vantage S Performance Pack

Soldato
Managed to curb a wheel this morning. Not paying attention during the morning commute. Fuuuuuuuu

*wince* :(

I remember when I kerbed my wheels a couple of months after getting my car. Kissed a kerb that was hidden in the mud at the edge of a country lane, ever so slightly, but the car was immaculate at the time. I was depressed about it for a couple of weeks :(

Soldato

I remember when I kerbed my wheels a couple of months after getting my car. Kissed a kerb that was hidden in the mud at the edge of a country lane, ever so slightly, but the car was immaculate at the time. I was depressed about it for a couple of weeks :(
Yup did that with my style 224 soon after I got them.. back end slipped on something and tickled a kerb..

Caporegime

Did it with the S3 after 6 months, looked around at refurbishment results and decided the only course of action was replacement rather than refurbishment, so that's what I did, NOT CHEAP!

Man of Honour
Picked this up yesterday, Civic Type R FD2.

28206809c03f60c6b0b8b084fa7f448e.jpg

Need to get my DC5 back on the road and sell it.

Soldato
Daily driver and toy. Fiesta Zetec-S and S1 Elise

Wifes daily. Fiesta ST-3

And not technically mine, but my dad no longer drives so I get to play chauffeur in them.

M135i

V12 Vantage S Performance Pack

Wicked cars, a ST and S1 elise make a very cool 2 car garage :cool:

Of course I don't know about your family but a 135i anda V12V seems a bit overkill if your father doesn't even drive them anymore! On the flip side, I'm not jelly, not at all... :(:D

e: Thinking about it, if I were your Dad I'd be happy to just be a passenger and that does seem to be the way you've worded it. So in that case, that's very cool :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Wicked cars, a ST and S1 elise make a very cool 2 car garage :cool:

Of course I don't know about your family but a 135i anda V12V seems a bit overkill if your father doesn't even drive them anymore! On the flip side, I'm not jelly, not at all... :(:D

e: Thinking about it, if I were your Dad I'd be happy to just be a passenger and that does seem to be the way you've worded it. So in that case, that's very cool :cool:

probably cant drive due to some health issues, doesn't kill the love for cars so I can see why you'd continue owning two nice cars :)

Associate
probably cant drive due to some health issues, doesn't kill the love for cars so I can see why you'd continue owning two nice cars :)

Yep, unfortunately pain in his hip and right leg makes driving very difficult and painful for him now. Still get out to AMOC and other events when we can.

Actually prefer the older Fiesta Zetec-S to the newer ST. I like my cars raw and my work often involves travelling round narrow winding lanes so a cheap, expendable, and relatively narrow hatchback is perfect.

Soldato
Yep, unfortunately pain in his hip and right leg makes driving very difficult and painful for him now. Still get out to AMOC and other events when we can.

Actually prefer the older Fiesta Zetec-S to the newer ST. I like my cars raw and my work often involves travelling round narrow winding lanes so a cheap, expendable, and relatively narrow hatchback is perfect.
If you're in the area you should bring your old man and the AM to the South Eastern meet, it'd be great to see such a car and I'm sure your dad is a great laugh to talk to about cars.

Back
Top Bottom