Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Few pictures of my 2.6 manual 190E which I posted here previously. However I have since spent a ridiculous amount of time taking it to pieces cleaning it and putting it back together again.

DSCF5834.jpg

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5696.jpg

DSCF5692.jpg

DSCF5733.jpg

DSCF5758.jpg

Soldato
Few pictures of my 2.6 manual 190E which I posted here previously. However I have since spent a ridiculous amount of time taking it to pieces cleaning it and putting it back together again.

DSCF5834.jpg

DSCF5758.jpg
Stunning car that. Looks great. Best combo black with the cream interior. Have you restored much of it or was it already in good condition?

Soldato
It was a pretty straight car that's why I bought it, but it was absoloutly filthy. The interior was dire. I've had the seats and carpet out, door seals...you name it. Spent many many hours cleaning parts in my spare room before I put it all back together again haha!!

The exterior was a similar thing, so I took the wheels off, cleaned the arches, engine bay and so on. I've attended to a few problems that it had and replaced a few parts. It's in a much much better place than it was when I got it.

Not sure how long I will keep it for, just wanted to have a bit of fun with one for a while and it all got out of hand on account of my OCD...

Soldato
That's awesome :D bet it sounds the nuts :p

Honestly it's not bad at all, actually sounds pretty good with turbo whooshing away :) it's like a little go kart, I love driving the thing. At 60mph it feels like it's doing 100+

dont you find the suspension to be incredibly hard?

Yes, very little travel in it! We're tempted to import a set of adjustable coilovers but they're big £££ for what it is.

Soldato
Lol. So a Cayman / any hatchback is ruined because it has a 4 cylinder, yet the F-Type somehow gets declared "better". What a load of nonsense.

They're either all better or all worse. You can't have it both ways.

Slight difference in the original engines though. The Cayman had a bespoke 6 cylinder engine, that has now been replaced by a 4, whereas the Jaguar v6 is basically a v8 minus 2 cylinders (so has all the weight, length and stiffness issues of a v8) and has to have a crank that is weighted to simulate the missing pistons. It isn't a good v6.

Soldato
After seeing a thread on Pistonheads, I've been introduced to the Prisma app. Think Instagram, but instead of just subtle filter/colour changes, it will actually stylise your images to look like canvas artworks. It makes for some nice results.

Prl0LVm.jpg

8J3MbcN.jpg

The guy who started the PH thread posted some filtered shots of his Jaguar E-Type, and they looked beautiful; I'd happily put them on the wall in my living room!

Soldato
Slight difference in the original engines though. The Cayman had a bespoke 6 cylinder engine, that has now been replaced by a 4, whereas the Jaguar v6 is basically a v8 minus 2 cylinders (so has all the weight, length and stiffness issues of a v8) and has to have a crank that is weighted to simulate the missing pistons. It isn't a good v6.

That's not strictly true, it does not have all the weight or size of a V8

Soldato
After seeing a thread on Pistonheads, I've been introduced to the Prisma app. Think Instagram, but instead of just subtle filter/colour changes, it will actually stylise your images to look like canvas artworks. It makes for some nice results.
The guy who started the PH thread posted some filtered shots of his Jaguar E-Type, and they looked beautiful; I'd happily put them on the wall in my living room!
i think they actually take textures from racing games on console and apply it to the picture :p

Soldato
Decided to take a pic of my car in it's current state just to give you all a panic attack :p

XtxjUsn.png

xMLVxw5.png

Took the front seat out a while back to go to Ikea and it's still not gone back in.

I really need to get everything tidied back in the shed and get my car cleaned. This morning i was very close to buying some baby wipes to at least give the steering wheel a clean!

Soldato
Decided to take a pic of my car in it's current state just to give you all a panic attack :p
I really need to get everything tidied back in the shed and get my car cleaned. This morning i was very close to buying some baby wipes to at least give the steering wheel a clean!
Wow that is bad :D I think my OCD would allow that for about 1 day then I would have to spend hours cleaning the interior meticulously.
Are they work tools for your job or something? If so I think you need an estate or a van lol

Man of Honour

Runs off to Pistonheads to search through old Mercs!

That's ace, from an era when they build the most solid and reliable cars in the world.

IC3

IC3

Soldato

DSCF5834.jpg

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5696.jpg

DSCF5692.jpg

DSCF5733.jpg

DSCF5758.jpg
I think I've a fetish for square shaped cars, it looks really tidy. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom