Show Us Your Motors!

Mine is a tiny bit off centre, but the car pulls to the left ever so slightly anyway, holding it straight means you are going straight. I'd say it's not hard to adjust but I don't know what the airbag wheels are like.

I have heard that it is quite a hassle to do as you have to take basically everything apart just to get it straight. For me, my steering wheel will be off centre and be a bit right when going straight. :( :o

IMG_1712.jpg

Nice! Is that a vts rather than vtr? Also got any pics of your old vtr (RIP)?

New one is a VTS.

Here's the old one... still really cut up about it - would have it back in a heart beat if I could. :(

vtr01.jpg

vtr02.jpg

vtr08.jpg

Made 118bhp at the fly after I dropped a Kent cam in and had the timing adjusted on the rollers. Would've matched the new VTS in all honesty.

What happened to it?

:(

An old man came flying over a humpback bridge (blind summit at the top) far too fast. I was crawling up the other side in first gear (I'd met a car at the top a few minutes before and reversed back to let him and 5 other cars through). I was travelling slow enough to stop the second I saw him - he wasn't unfortunately, and hit me head on while I was sitting stationary.

Inner legs of the chassis etc. buckled and the lump dumped all its coolant/ oil over the road. My car was a total loss, he drove his home. :( I've taken comfort in the fact that he hit me rather than someone on a crotch rocket... I think it was fate that whoever was travelling up the other side of that bridge, he would have hit them.

Wrong place, wrong time - empty wallet. :(

Surely that would have been a claim on his insurance though?

Was worried, when I hear the words "sorted saxo" I have horrible mental images but thats pretty tidy

Surely that would have been a claim on his insurance though?

Was worried, when I hear the words "sorted saxo" I have horrible mental images but thats pretty tidy

He's not admitting liability - he's now trying to twist the story by saying I didn't stop! Sad world we live in now... the old man said at the scene he'd hang his keys up after what happened, so the outcome makes no difference to him at all.

No witnesses either which makes it very tough, my word against his. :mad:

Vigoro: that needs burned with fire. :D

Last edited:
One of lifes experiences though - as you rightly said it could always be a lot worse and youve got a new project in the mean time

Its been a learning curve for sure, something I definitely don't want to repeat!

Insurance gave me £500 less than what the car was worth, and it doesn't look like I'm seeing any money for my declared mods. All in all, I'm about £2k down! :(

Back
Top Bottom