Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Yay truckfriends!

It's only the start, more offroady things to come! :) (you missed the snorkel, that should give me off road street cred? :p)!)
Not totally sure whether I'll go all in like some over here... I'm not overly keen on expensive bills after every outing! Got a fair bit of really good off-roading around where I live, but I do mostly beach excursions up Fraser Island etc. I was told that the diff breather isn't a necessity, but given that they're a cheap mod, I'll do it for the sake of it... thanks for the headsup.

Soldato
Yay truckfriends!

It's only the start, more offroady things to come! :) (you missed the snorkel, that should give me off road street cred? :p)!)
Not totally sure whether I'll go all in like some over here... I'm not overly keen on expensive bills after every outing! Got a fair bit of really good off-roading around where I live, but I do mostly beach excursions up Fraser Island etc. I was told that the diff breather isn't a necessity, but given that they're a cheap mod, I'll do it for the sake of it... thanks for the headsup.

I did it so I can go through puddles when it floods during rainy season here and everyone locks their engines :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Not quite sure how Merc ML/GLE is a downgrade from an XF. Would you have said the same if it were an F-Pace, X5 or Q7?

Associate
Nice. Is that a GL?

House looks interesting too...right by the sea I assume?!

Yeah it’s the GLE 250 AMG, I wish I was by the sea, I’m out in the country but in the middle o a building site, we bought a house in a new scheme (that was meant to be finished by now)

Not quite sure how Merc ML/GLE is a downgrade from an XF. Would you have said the same if it were an F-Pace, X5 or Q7?

Never mentioned down grade I think of it more as an upgrade! Car I had before was a standard XE allthough it had every extra possible on it :D a lot more safer to drive with the family in being 4x4 and the ride height will take getting used to after nearly being sitting on the road for a year in the XE

Soldato

Yes, I would. Inherently less entertaining to drive, all substantially uglier (X5 and Q7 are some of the ugliest things around imo), and frankly I do not and will never understand the huge boon in SUV sales... especially not the argument of them being safer.

In terms of specifics, depending on the engine the GLE is much heavier, and slower, its significantly worse dynamically (XE has one of the better dynamics in the saloon class), miles worse looking, greater depreciation, worse interior imo (horrid iPad placement, dials and HU look cheap and nasty, whole interior covered in buttons and bland colours/design). I'd also argue its only as refined as the XE, despite its higher price tag.

But hey, that's just my opinion and if the owner enjoys it that's all that matters - not me that has to drive it afterall! :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I thought it was an XF (they look identical).
How anyone can consider a GLE a downgrade from an XE is mad.
XE isn't anything special, is it? I sense some British pride bias ;)

Back
Top Bottom