Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I don't see why it is that expensive. The cars are over ten years old. There is a plethora of online knowledge for fixes to problems. Most of the electronics will be ford/Volvo. As long as the V12 doesn't throw a wobbly he will be fine. Long gone are the days of 355's needing the engine taking out for a cambelt.

I did have a look online for V12 realiability as much as I could, I found next to no known issues with the engine and that generally it’s pretty strong.

There’s was an issue with oil starvation on early DB9’s and the issue was....the dipstick was too long :eek: which was reading the oil was fully topped up where as the engine should have actually had more oil in.

Aston rectified this with a recall by releasing / fitting a new short dipstick to allow more oil to be added.

The issue normally happened over harsh cornering etc.

https://aston1936.files.wordpress.c...5v2-shorter-dipstick-for-db9-v12-vehicles.pdf

Caporegime
I did have a look online for V12 realiability as much as I could, I found next to no known issues with the engine and that generally it’s pretty strong.

There’s was an issue with oil starvation on early DB9’s and the issue was....the dipstick was too long :eek: which was reading the oil was fully topped up where as the engine should have actually had more oil in.

Aston rectified this with a recall by releasing / fitting a new short dipstick to allow more oil to be added.

The issue normally happened over harsh cornering etc.

https://aston1936.files.wordpress.c...5v2-shorter-dipstick-for-db9-v12-vehicles.pdf

I wouldn't have thought so after all despite its power it is only 80 odd hp/litre.

Soldato
Finally got around to putting the sportsbar on after having it powder coated.

Phase 1 is nearly complete but have plenty of accessories to go yet. Finances will determine what comes next.

Mitsubishi L200 (Triton) base model with;

• BF Goodrich all terrains
  • 2 inch lift kit + suspension upgrade (heavier leaf springs and old man emu)
  • Xrox bulbar
  • Safari snorkel
  • Sportsbar

DNridVS.jpg

Fast follower updates;

• Soft clip on style Tonneau cover
  • Rear bulbar + integrated tow bar (MCC jack bar)
  • Rear camera

Soldato
So you can have a beer and watch the footie as you drive along? Does it go in the back? :p

Haha, roll-bar then? (I got used to local lingo for some things! :D)

That ram doesn’t look pedestrian friendly

Depends on whether you like the pedestrian or not :D

Well I’ll be ****** mate. Is the snorkel for when yer out hunting crocs?

It gets used properly ...done a few water crossings already :)

91wvZGG.jpg

Caporegime
Nice nice. :) I didn't doubt for a second that it is used properly. Perfect vehicle!

Still got family on my Mums side over there. Would like to go back somewhen but I can't handle the heat... :(

Back
Top Bottom