Show Us Your Motors!

Very nice.

I'm looking at second car options and the Puma is top of the list so far. How would you rate it so far?

Is there better ways to spend £3k?

I got mine for 2k. No rust, fresh cam belt / front bushes / 68k miles / FSH from new / fresh M.O.T and tax from a puma owners webpage.

I have to say, the car is very powerfull and the handling is awsome. My brother owns a 206 GTI and got in my Puma and was very impressed with the speed/handling and general build quality.

The good things i noticed coming from a 1.25 fiesta to the Puma is the awsome clutch and nice short gear box. You can also feel the car pull in every gear. I've only owned the car for 2 weeks now but i can't see myself getting bored of it.

Take the Puma out onto country roads and you will see why this car is much loved ;)

091031112145.jpg

091031112038s.jpg

091031111418.jpg

gallery27349119444.jpg

Adam.

Last edited:
I got mine for 2k. No rust, fresh cam belt / front bushes / 68k miles / FSH from new / fresh M.O.T and tax from a puma owners webpage.

I have to say, the car is very powerfull and the handling is awsome. My brother owns a 206 GTI and got in my Puma and was very impressed with the speed/handling and general build quality.

Adam.

Nice car you have, however very powerful? The car only has 125bhp. I fart more than that :P

They are a nice car, prefer the fiesta zs myself. I find most ford gearboxes are nice.

Enjoy :)

I've got a Puma 1.7, they are awesome little cars! No matter what the figures are, when it comes to having fun on the road it definitely delivers.

I see your centre wheel caps are all white, you can order new 1's online for peanuts - I did this and it really smartens up the wheels.

Nice car you have, however very powerful? The car only has 125bhp. I fart more than that :P

Remember i am coming from a 1.25 Fiesta to a 1.7 Puma. The car is a very fast compared to what i'm used to lol :p
I've got a Puma 1.7, they are awesome little cars! No matter what the figures are, when it comes to having fun on the road it definitely delivers.
They do handle very good when you put your foot down :) Very pleased with it.

I see your centre wheel caps are all white, you can order new 1's online for peanuts - I did this and it really smartens up the wheels.

Yes, can you give me the site to order them from please? I've just waxed it all today and it looks nice apart from them center caps.

Adam.

Last edited:
£4.60 each :eek: lol.

I know about the polybushes but have read that when put on the rear, it becomes a bit "hard" when going over bumps etc ? I have no idea just what i've read.

Adam.

I have read the same, probably on the same forums ;)

I am going to go with the suggested FRP front ones, but then Polybush the rest - undecided on the rear, may go std. Its a fairly firm ride already but maybe the bushes are shot on mine, 10 year old car after all !

Mine btw,

20091113-pa5xhfc5d1be4ew2khxbk9nj6j.jpg

Nice Shimmy, I'm not a fan of the wheels though. They look like propellors.

They are called propellors ;)

I like the Puma, but i've always found it a real shame they used the fiesta dash.

Its quite funny as it doesn't fit properly, good ol Ford but this is a fun 2nd car for me and not a wafty cruiser so dash wasn't an issue ;)

Pumas aren't a bad car but if you are over 6ft it's horribly cramped.

I'm 6' and its not too bad, the seat isn't particularly good and i wouldn't want to be much taller !

I'm 6,3 and don't find it an issue as long as the seat is back. No one can sit behind me tho!

Speaking to a mechanic today as he also has a Puma, his is pollybushed up and he said you can feel the car go over a match stick, but when you get it on nice smooth A roads the handling is great.

I've just had new bushes so i aint messing around with them. He did suggest i should get a KN filter induction kit as he has the same and said they sound nice.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom