Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Having had a frustrating few weeks with crap weather, various leaks and a blowing exhaust, I made sure and got the wedge good n dusty with the sun out today :D

m7HSLUa.jpg

I must be developing OCD in my old age, because all I want to do is give it a good clean...then maybe a drive:D TVR club member as well?

Man of Honour
sttW1Sp.jpg
Detailed on Friday, few wet roads soon ruined that so had to foam/rinse again Saturday, bit excessive maybe but that colour looks so different when clean that it’s worth the effort

Associate
With the recent arrival of twins plus the fact I was feeling it was time to change my 2013 Panamera GTS, it was car shopping time.

The requirement from the wife was 5 seats and a big boot. So we originally we were looking at Cayennes in various forms. The local Dubai Porsche dealer had a pre-approved day and a very tempting 2018 Cayenne turbo listed (high spec, 18k km) but sadly by the time we got there, it was sold. After I got over my initial disappointment, I was looking at the rest of the stock they had available and there was a very low mileage (56km) Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sports Turismo 2018 model, first registered Jan 2019 on the list.

We went to have a look at it in the basement and clearly it was in mint condition. We went upstairs and took a test drive in an almost identical spec vehicle and it was an enjoyable experience - excellent infotainment system, beautiful interior, sport and sports mode were fun and the sport response button (20secs of electric and gas engines) was even more fun.

So back in the showroom - I had a good look at the options sheet for the car in the basement and asked to see it in the daylight. The car looked great in the black exterior / black and red interior. It had plenty of the must-have options for me (Bose, nice wheels, Pano Sunroof, 3D surround parking cameras, cooled and heated front seats) and the bonus of massage seats and LED ambient lighting.

After some negotiation, the final deal looked like this 485k aed (23% off list), 3 years warranty, 2 years service and one-year comprehensive insurance, a trade-in for the old Panamera GTS and finance at 2.69%

I had wanted a Sports Turismo for some time and was impressed by the E-hybrid set up - here are the photos after I took it to NVN Motorwoks for PPF and Ceramic protection last week.

SRDgCxC.jpg
8DREzlG.jpg
wwVqXKr.jpg
5hbjJDa.jpg

Soldato
Very nice. I think the only two sets of wheels I like that are black, are both from Porsche. Those and the Carrera wheels when painted in black as they're black centred and silver highlighted (reversed with thinner spokes on the latest models).

Black car in Dubai though? :eek:

Associate
That is a seriously sexy car, that.

Love the green calipers too.

Thank you!

Why are manufacturers putting black with silver accent wheels on everything these days, such a hideous design.

Rest of the car looks great!
Thanks man

Very nice. I think the only two sets of wheels I like that are black, are both from Porsche. Those and the Carrera wheels when painted in black as they're black centred and silver highlighted (reversed with thinner spokes on the latest models).

Black car in Dubai though? :eek:
Thanks, in the end its just all so hot it doesn't really make a huge difference. Parking the car in the shade, programming the car to pre-cool itself (awesome feature), ventilated seats and decent window tints make things a little easier.

daz

daz

Soldato
Very nice car the Panamera Sport Turismo. Big old cars for the UK though. Probably perfect for Dubai. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom