Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
They look like cheap plastic ripoffs of the real thing.

There are some I would aim that accusation at - the Fords on the UK market all look like toys to me albeit they do look nice - but that is a vast misunderstanding of what people see in and use pickups for broadly.

Albeit some mixed up use of euro pickup, etc. but for instance the smaller (and cheaper before they started trying to play the life-style game) ones along the lines of the Hilux and L200 are ideal for thrashing about a farm moving individual bulky items under less than ideal conditions and/or agricultural service runs (though you are a bit better off with the Navara or Amarok there if it involves mixed to and from farms with the bias towards road use).

Lifestyle wise is a bit more challenged in this country but there are some with a mixture of uses where nothing else really fits the balance.

:D Headshot.

Personally these three things are better than euro pickups, an estate car, a proper van or a 4x4.

They are all better at specific jobs but none of them really work well for mixed uses involving both moderately rough terrain and reasonable distance on the road involving moderate loads in the 300-1000kg range - the V6 pickups are often the best compromise.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Our Ranger does a pretty good job of shifting hay bales and timber around the farm.

Think Fox was having a pop at them as a lifestyle choice but still I enjoy mine albeit a lot of that is because I'm a sucker for a big torquey 3L V6 type engine.

Soldato
Quick phone snap before it went dark from collecting it yesterday, now filthy already!

uc

Soldato
Amazing how much of a difference wheels make on them. Those BBS splits in black honestly ruin the whole car. They're OK in silver but tbey still don't suit the wagons.

Its a shame as the wheels they should have suit it a lot better but go for stupid money at the minute (£600 for reps... 800+ for genuine).

Caporegime
Amazing how much of a difference wheels make on them. Those BBS splits in black honestly ruin the whole car. They're OK in silver but tbey still don't suit the wagons.

Its a shame as the wheels they should have suit it a lot better but go for stupid money at the minute (£600 for reps... 800+ for genuine).

Yeah theyre going. I don't like them at all. Fortunately they suit other stuff so they should be easy to shift. :)

Back
Top Bottom