Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Yes it is. Age is probably the biggest determinate of reliability. That's why older cars tend to be less reliable, everything is getting to that age where it needs replacement.

I guess our opinions differ. I consider a car to be reliable if it drives well, always starts on the button, and never breaks down or leaves you stranded.

Soldato
My old MX5 is statistically the most reliable car I've owned to date. But I'm sure if I actually used it often, this wouldn't have been the case as everything would have worn out far quicker.

Man of Honour
Actually no, for a car to be legally driven on UK roads, one of the things it needs is an MOT.

I'm sure there are literally thousands of cars working perfectly well without MOT's on our roads.

Soldato
Enough of that discussion.....

I bought myself a toy for Christmas :D

Z14iXsW.jpg
DjfDS2U.jpg

Cosmetically it isn't perfect. Bumper definitely needs a respray and I'd get the bonnet done as well when I get around to it but nothing major.

Mechanically though it feels great. Pulls well in every gear, handles brilliantly on the couple of short drives I've done. Michelin PS3 all round

Time to read @Gibbo's thread again..

Soldato
Absolutely brutal journey to pickup, but it's finally home.

fk9GLWFh.jpg

5 hour train up to Chesterfield, then 265 miles back in roadworks and torrential rain :eek:.
Made a slight detour to visit the previous owner, who very kindly passed on some bits and pieces he had from the original purchase and most importantly a spare AlfaWorks ECU! Incredible kindness of him. He was very happy to see the car and only had good things to say about it, which is encouraging.

Lots more pics and write up coming soon :cool:

OcUK Staff
Enough of that discussion.....

I bought myself a toy for Christmas :D

Z14iXsW.jpg
DjfDS2U.jpg

Cosmetically it isn't perfect. Bumper definitely needs a respray and I'd get the bonnet done as well when I get around to it but nothing major.

Mechanically though it feels great. Pulls well in every gear, handles brilliantly on the couple of short drives I've done. Michelin PS3 all round

Time to read @Gibbo's thread again..

172 Cup I am guessing from spotting the door bages. You should really remove the F1 stickers, get the bonnet and front bumper all painted, get it as close to factory specification as possible, then enjoy it and refresh what needs refreshing suspension wise. Great things with these cars is the cost of parts direct from Renault and ECP, a full set of dampers from Renault set me back around £110, which to me is crazy cheap, but its beauty of a French car, yeah they might be a bit temperamental at times, but the repair cost are generally pennies and in saying that mine never left me down, yeah it dropped an injector but can still drive it and its quite an easy job. A lot of fun, all I'd say they are missing is a mechanical differential as in the wet you have to be patient with power or modulate it yourself.

fk9GLWFh.jpg

5 hour train up to Chesterfield, then 265 miles back in roadworks and torrential rain :eek:.
Made a slight detour to visit the previous owner, who very kindly passed on some bits and pieces he had from the original purchase and most importantly a spare AlfaWorks ECU! Incredible kindness of him. He was very happy to see the car and only had good things to say about it, which is encouraging.

Love it, stunning car that, probably relatively simple too so in theory should be pretty reliable even if it is Italian. :)

Permabanned

fk9GLWFh.jpg

absolutely lovely car that, reminds me a bit of the exige, rare and a great presence on the road.

Back
Top Bottom