Show Us Your Motors!

Only been up close to an X-Type once and I was pretty much on the back seat after smashing through the back door on my motorbike. Definitely a solid car. I didn't know they were based on the Mondeo but I think they look rather nice on hte outside. The dashboard does look a bit odd though.

Last edited:
the heated seats in that jag make me feel like i have wet myself
i've noticed that in my leon if it's on settings 3 and above, which is odd becuase i never had that sensation when i had it in Norway last year. maybe it's only when it's not that cold outside.

i don't have that sensation in the BMW, it just burns :p

The interior on the X-Type is miles better than a Mondeo of any kind, people do give the car a lot of stick, but it's actually a very decent car with a nice interior.

Besides the MK3 Mondeo has always been heralded for being good, especially it's driving dynamics, so quite how this makes the X-Type bad I don't know. I suppose people could argue the whole 'it's not a proper Jag' line ...but it was never meant to compare to an XJ or an XK, you see more of them about that any other Jag, and they aren't bad cars in their own right.

I like Liquid's, proper Jag colours and no 4 cylinder tractor engines in sight :D

Last edited:
Here is my new Ibiza Cupra TDI

1352480-1.jpg

My Mazda3 MPS had to go, the fuel and tax costs were killing me :(

Last edited:
Thought I would finally post up my van, I have had it for nearly 3 months now and I love it.

2lmnnts.jpg

A little bit of info;

EX AA, 2003, 2.5tdi, 102bhp, 120K miles, service history from the AA up to 100K, then 1 private owner before me. It’s been lowered 60mm, 17" Alloys and the bodywork is in really good condition.

It’s by no means fast, but its mine and erm... I like it :D
For trips away it’s been great... its kitted out in the back with a rolling bed (if you see the van rockin... dont come nocking etc etc), insulated, carpeted with a leisure battery that’s hooked up to a stereo, inverter and some lighting. There’s plenty of storage space, a car safe for valuables, and a solid bike rack on the back... so it’s really well equipped for trips away mountain biking, climbing etc which is what I spend most of my time doing, I also use it for when I’m working away from home... saves me some money on accommodation. I stayed just outside London a couple of weeks ago rather than find somewhere to stay in the city, it’s really quite nice to be independent and just be able to chuck everything in the van and leave for home at the end of a working week!

The interior on the X-Type is miles better than a Mondeo of any kind, people do give the car a lot of stick, but it's actually a very decent car with a nice interior.

Besides the MK3 Mondeo has always been heralded for being good, especially it's driving dynamics, so quite how this makes the X-Type bad I don't know. I suppose people could argue the whole 'it's not a proper Jag' line ...but it was never meant to compare to an XJ or an XK, you see more of them about that any other Jag, and they aren't bad cars in their own right.

I like Liquid's, proper Jag colours and no 4 cylinder tractor engines in sight :D

You reckon? My dad used to have a 2006 X type and the interior was pretty crap. Looked rubbish without satnav and got very rattly very quickly - my 2004 Mondeo felt much better put together. Maybe his was a duffer

Back
Top Bottom