Show Us Your Motors!

I do like that very much. Do they do anything like this in estate form and would they be any good for towing?

Only Jaaaaaaag estate is the X-Type - a V6 AWD would probably be a pretty good tow car though. Some say it's not a real jaaaaag being Mondeo based, but they're still pretty good

Looks very nice indeed Moeks, big fan of it here.

Didnt know you had a FS in the family as well, more pics of that needed too :)

Thank you :)

Indeed, I don't shout about it too much, in my experience, it tends to be a good idea not to. But it's a beautiful car, lovely interior and an amazing engine, I swear if you wanted to pull a planetary body out of the Sun's gravity ...you could do it with the engine in the FS.

I'll see what pictures I have anyway.

I will always remember Moeks in the middle of a convoy at a New Forest meet hustling it along the twisties with us :D

It's not that easy to follow a car as nimble as an MX5 around those roads in a car the size of an XJ with air suspension :p

There is no estate as ian said, not of the XJ anyway, but I bet it could pull pretty well, has a lot of low end torque, the diesel more so though, as you would expect.

Well i said i'd post some pics when it was done, so here you go.

DSCF0961.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

DSCF0979.jpg

Comment welcome :)

Didnt know you had a FS in the family as well, more pics of that needed too :)

Okey dokey then, here are a few pictures I took of the Flying Spur outside my grandparents place, not very scenic but the car doesn't really need a great backdrop.

I want to get mine and Dad's cars together at some point with a nice backdrop and take some much better shots, perhaps next year when the weather gets better.

fs_001.jpg

fs_002.jpg

fs_003.jpg

These should give you an idea anyway, the exterior is Beluga Black, and the interior is Portland Hide.

im starting to come around to continental and FS, for some reason they are really growing on me!

It's actually a lot firmer and noisier than the Jag though, believe it or not, getting out of the Jag and into the Bentley the difference in ride is quite pronounced, you really feel the road a lot more in the FS, including the bits you don't want to feel.

The engine/exhaust makes a surprising amount of noise just at idle too, it sounds fantastic when you really put your foot down though (sounds and pulls like a Spitfire!), but there is quite a bit more noise than I expected when you are just cruising around.

The car isn't the sofa on wheels many might expect, it's a whole lot firmer and sportier than you might think, indeed than I expected.

Last edited:
It's actually a lot firmer and noisier than the Jag though, believe it or not, getting out of the Jag and into the Bentley the difference in ride is quite pronounced, you really feel the road a lot more in the FS, including the bits you don't want to feel.

The engine/exhaust makes a surprising amount of noise just at idle too, it sounds fantastic when you really put your foot down though (sounds and pulls like a Spitfire!), but there is quite a bit more noise than I expected when you are just cruising around.

The car isn't the sofa on wheels many might expect, it's a whole lot firmer and sportier than you might think, indeed than I expected.

Not surprised with that engine and the speed it can do mind. once you hit a certain speed you have to expect the suspension to not be as good as a slower lighter car.
they do look nice though :]

My 330i Sport. Had it a few weeks and i absolutely love it. Everyone compliments me on it and many think it's far more expensive than it really is (which is always better than the other way 'round!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom