Show Us Your Motors!

Panel gaps are all over the place on the front end?

Most I've seen are like that. The bonnet and boot are aluminium so react to the hot and cold nature of the UK I think, but the light covers can be raised I think. I can't be choosy, It's a 15 year old car to replace my CTR :(

Yeah, the plates are stupid. Will sort them out, probably relocate the front one too.

Last edited:
Looking quite tidy for 15 year old standard 5, which are quite hard to find nowadays!

I'd get a stubby aerial and a grill too, the radiator is very exposed without one really. I'd detango the indicators too actually :p

Relocate the plate, bla bla bla... endless possible modifications :D

I'm certainly missing the power at the moment, but I'll see over time how much I really miss it and if I want to FI the MX5 up to ~200bhp.

What I do miss about the CTR is its dry seats. The window seals are a bit naff so I've packed them with foam and sealed them up. I've also used gutter sealant under the front one to stop water coming in there. The rear light was also letting water in but I've put a new gasket on that, waiting for my other one to turn up which is on back order but I think that problems resolved, I just need to keep clearing the condensation as the exhaust keeps things toasty back there (which is handy!).

I'm looking forward to some dry days to see what it can really do, but I'm very happy so far. Lots of mods that can be done but as a standard car it runs well and does the job. A full service is on the cards pending work bonus amongst a few other things. For a 70k car it's a bit rough, but it's 15 years old and to be expected IMO.

I'm certainly missing the power at the moment, but I'll see over time how much I really miss it and if I want to FI the MX5 up to ~200bhp.

What I do miss about the CTR is its dry seats. The window seals are a bit naff so I've packed them with foam and sealed them up. I've also used gutter sealant under the front one to stop water coming in there. The rear light was also letting water in but I've put a new gasket on that, waiting for my other one to turn up which is on back order but I think that problems resolved, I just need to keep clearing the condensation as the exhaust keeps things toasty back there (which is handy!).

I'm looking forward to some dry days to see what it can really do, but I'm very happy so far. Lots of mods that can be done but as a standard car it runs well and does the job. A full service is on the cards pending work bonus amongst a few other things. For a 70k car it's a bit rough, but it's 15 years old and to be expected IMO.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/101073-what-wheels-these.html
:cool:

Nice jag.. Sorry.. *clears throat* Jaaaaaaaaaaag, that :)

Moeks, not seen you around these parts lately! How's the car? :)

Yea I've not written much in motors for a while, been very busy though and spending a lot of my free time playing Eve Online, an MMO game I used to play years back, anyway I got back into it so it's been keeping me distracted from my other internet activities for a while. I shall make more of an effort to keep posting though :D

The car is fine though, I had it detailed about 3 weeks ago, looked fantastic for a few days, it’s a bit grubby right now but after my paintwork was treated to the works the dirt just falls off when I show it some water. I took a couple of photos on my phone at the time, got one of mine and Dad's cars next to each other post detail.

xj8_detailed01.jpg

xj8_detailed02.jpg

The car hasn’t missed a beat yet (/fingers crossed) and I am very pleased with it indeed. Lot of metal, wood and leather for the money that’s for sure. There have been a few times I wanted something a bit more raw and a bit less soft, but for the vast majority of the time it's a fantastic car to just waft around in, it's supremely comfortable, no regrets with this one so far. I'll have had it 5 months on the 10th December, so come 10th of January that'll be twice aslong as the ST220.

He's been hiding in a fancy Cafe eating fine smoke salmon, drinking some earl grey and reading the observer :p

Hey ...I like smoked salmon and I do actually drink quite a bit of Earl Grey, it's one of my favourite teas :D ....I don't read the observer though.

Last edited:
Can't believe you have had that car for 5 months almost! Doesn't seem that long ago since you bought the ST220 let along the Jaaaaaaag.

Looking stunning in them pics, great car for the price.

Looks very nice indeed Moeks, big fan of it here.

Didnt know you had a FS in the family as well, more pics of that needed too :)

Back
Top Bottom