Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
The main difference (apart from super awesome noise) was occasional heat soak when pulling out of a junction or from lights. Seemed to bog down a bit especially in hot weather. No real difference when making progress that I could see.

OcUK Staff
Yes air box lid of for sure!

I gave the engine bay a thorough cleaning at weekend treated all the corroded bolts and clamps with some Deox C and degreased whole bay and then washed it down and then a spray wax and some rubber treatment.

F64AB03C-6EA6-4635-8CBE-B72369FFE3D1.jpeg

Lid on their for photo as looks better!

Gonna see if I can feed some extra cold air to the box and cut a big hole in it and duct more cold air in hope I can get lid of noise and direct even more cold air to it. Got a spare air box for £20 to hack up. :)

Soldato
Yup massive difference induction noise wise..

People claim that it robs power but no actual proof. Some say Dyno showed 1hp difference but Dyno is not open road..

Most dyno runs are carried out with the bonnet open so an open airbox draw in air from the top of the engine.

Many years ago I placed a pair of thermometers under the engine bay in the region of the air filter on my classic Saab 900. It's quite scary how hot that part of the engine bay could get, and how long it took for the temperatures to drop once the car was moving. However, the thermometer placed inside the shroud for the filter would drop down to around 3 degrees above ambient within a couple of minutes.

Soldato
Took the s2k out for a little spin at lunch..

94fc64973355603fbc52c3dbbf58b172.jpg

ebdfa4d2b0b8c43aab1a95162d04433b.jpg

58fdc397282b37f7229d443445894a54.jpg

Love the thing

Caporegime
The more I see them, the more I like that shape Clio, what engine? How you getting on with it?
It's the 1.2 petrol, only 5 gears so not great on the motorway but I don't tend to go far these days, not as economical as you might think, average about 43mpg, end up driving it with the eco button on for most of the time.

I think the facelift has better engines.

Soldato
The main difference (apart from super awesome noise) was occasional heat soak when pulling out of a junction or from lights. Seemed to bog down a bit especially in hot weather. No real difference when making progress that I could see.

I had the same, Whilst moving made no difference in power just didn't like sitting with the lid off after a run it would feel like it wanted to stall.

Soldato
Yeah, this is the third time Ive used them, found them to be the most up front and honest of the agents ive used. Similar price to most but I just prefer the more personal touch, good comms, quick to respond etc
I really want to import a car one day. Most likely a Mk3 Supra but good ones are getting hard to get hold of now.

Soldato
I really want to import a car one day. Most likely a Mk3 Supra but good ones are getting hard to get hold of now.
My E39 is an import, not by me but previous owner. I'm not sure if I could go through the hassle myself but I know there are companies out there that will do all the heavy lifting if you're happy to pay.

Back
Top Bottom